Balancing the Hip Flexors<br>Tom McCook<br>Tutorial 3622

Balancing the Hip Flexors
Tom McCook
Tutorial 3622

Watch this Tutorial
Lina S
What can we use if we don't have Franklin balls? Thank you in advance.
1 person likes this.
Hi Lina,
You can use any small ball (4" or so) that's not too hard. The ball is just to give you a little elevation, act as a fulcrum for more range and to massage the back of the pelvis. If you don't have access to anything like that, roll up a towel into a tube and place it across the back of the pelvis just above the sitbones. All the best to you!
I am very happy finding exactly what I need to release the tension of my hip and hamstrings for the relief of my lower back...great tips and information...thank you so much
1 person likes this.
Thank you Cigdem for your feedback! I'm happy to hear you feel the benefits from the sequence and cuing. Be well and enjoy!
Great informative tutorial, especially helpful for hyper mobile dancers who struggle to find a proper stretch in their hip flexors! Thank you
Cynthia G
THANKS.  It s helping to understand the gait cycle more.  Strange as I have been walking since I was 16 months and never knew life would mess it up so much.
Hi Tom I am looking for a class I did once on Pilates anytime, where you were teaching how our body functions when we are walking, and gave instructions  on how to balance from one leg to the other while walking ...but I cannot find it on the website right now. Is it still in it?  Actually, I have started doing fast walks, or short running workout,  and  what you taught inm that class, if I remember well,  gave many insights about how to walk or run safely.  Thank you so muchTom McCook 
1 person likes this.
Hi Ann Marie,
These 2 classes and 2 tutorials are what you’re looking for.
Classes:
1 Functional Mat Practice - #3312
2. Pilates Mat and Gait - #3629
Tutorials:
1. Foot to Hip Dynamics -# 3621
2. Lengthen and Load - #3317

All the best,
Tom
DJ
DJ
I am so sorry it has taken me so long to find this!  Brilliant class! thank you

Thank you DJ! I'm happy to hear you appreciate the lesson. All the best to you
31-40 of 51

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin