Deconstructing the Twist<br>Joan Breibart<br>Tutorial 3690

Deconstructing the Twist
Joan Breibart
Tutorial 3690

Watch this Tutorial
4 people like this.
This is a great tutorial. It helps me to understand the exercise a little differently and I will be able to make adjustments as needed with clients.
I look forward to teaching this progression to my intermediate/advanced students this upcoming week. Love the break down.
2 people like this.
This was an effective exploration between applying the same exercise to each piece of equipment progressively and how different adaptations must be taken into consideration based on each individuals ability. It's a great teaching tool that brings to light how minor adjustments can affect the execution & outcome of an exercise for both teacher and student. Thank you, Joan for the 'error analysis' approach and how you bring humor into what you do. I enjoyed it immensely.
Great information and approach for teachers to help their clients, and provide a better understanding! Thanks for sharing Joan!
-Emily Zachary-Smith
Ruth G
2 people like this.
Wonderful exploration of a movement that is challenging to teach. The progressions are fantastic. Thank you, Joan.
2 people like this.
This makes me appreciate the chair even more! Thanks for making something that is difficult to achieve a possibility! Marika
1 person likes this.
Thank you Joan for this opportunity for us to “think”! Now we see why there is so much pressure on the wrist and why Twist works everywhere but not on a Reformer!
Im disappointed I wanted to see your remote control at work!
Your explanation of all the components of the what & the why, everything that is happening is necessary to work on the essentials and the basics to execute this exercise. The weaving of this is the base of the exercise, here is the transition, the layer of understanding, & use of the mat and chair helps add perspective for the movement experience.

Diane Severino
Ha! When do we do the other side? Twist and shout baby! Love Di----
1 person likes this.
Great video! I love the breakdown. You make it so clear to see the progression from each piece. I can’t wait to try this with my students! Thank you!
1-10 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin