Teaching Online<br>Meredith R and Amy H<br>Discussion 4151

Teaching Online
Meredith R and Amy H
Discussion 4151

Watch this Discussion
Kim I'm shifting priorities too!  Learning to say no and be perfectly ok with it.
Laura if we can't trust our own process then who will trust it for us?? I would love to have you in class anytime but the fact that you are here supporting me makes me feel very valued.
Gerda Thanks so much for joining us Tracy!!  I'm so happy you've been successful with your students during this time!
2 people like this.
Thank you Kim for mentioning “shifting priorities”. I am doing the same! Coming off of a very heavy pre-Covid schedule to now (and going forward) only working mornings. I had some guilt with doing that but I’m letting go of it and saying it’s OK to say no. I’m with you Meri I just do not like doing privates in front of a computer screen, I just can’t sit and stare at it. I had some fun with the classes in the beginning but was doing too many a week and got a little burned out. Anyway thank you lovely ladies for this great discussion! Happiness and health to all! P.S. I also miss tactile queuing!!!
2 people like this.
I just loved hearing you girls talk. I've followed you both for so long, and I felt like I was in your homes with you. Thank you. And thank you too for all the live classes as well. I'm in the UK and when you watch the classes live it's such a great way to feel connected. Much love to amazing teachers xx 
Connie I think a lot of us are shifting our priorities back to ourselves which is a good thing!  Jenny I think the fact that we are all in each others homes makes this a much more personal experience.  It's been really nice and certainly illustrates the power of human connection!
Paula H
1 person likes this.
Thank you. It was great listening to you and hearing about your experience and comparing it to mine. It has been a very interesting period and successful too in adjusting to such a different way of teaching. I have looked for ways to improve also technologicaly  having in mind how professional and amazing  quality the pilatesanytime classes are. The image is clear and the audio eccelent. I really would appreciate your advise on what mic to buy for my online classes. I bought a mic that goes with a mixer you attach to the computer but I see you use the mic attached to a box you carry on your waist. which one do you advise? is the one you carry on the waist better than the one you attach to the computer? Thank you so much. Paula
Paula thank you for coming and for your feedback.  Honestly, the quality of PA's classes has ZERO to do with any expertise on my part.  They provided me with the mike that I use.  It is a Samson Go Mic Mobile.  I'm sure you could find it on Amazon?? Let me know if you would like me to inquire further. xx
Paula H
1 person likes this.
Thank you very much!
1 person likes this.
Thank you Laura and Gerda .  So great to have your support gals!!
Hi Connie Jenny Paula .. agreed, I feel that many of us are shifting and adjusting week by week, trying to keep the best teaching going for our students.  This is a different way to teach and it's certainly not for everyone.  I'm teaching some private clients but rather than giving them a flow workout / session, I'm asking them to come with real specific questions that we can dialogue more about, not just 'workout'.  I'm finding those a nice balance to the flow workout classes I'm teaching.  Thanks for your support gals, I appreciate you!!
1 person likes this.
Thank you from Silver Spring, Maryland and teaching Pilates on Zoom. Great conversation.
11-20 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin