Fun with Yoga Blocks<br>Mariska Breland<br>Class 4203

Fun with Yoga Blocks
Mariska Breland
Class 4203

Watch this Class
Laurence F
1 person likes this.
Goodness, what a BRILLIANT CLASS! I have had it in my queue for a few weeks and today was the day when I had the time and the energy and was in the right frame of mind! I enjoyed it so much, I honestly did not want it to finish. I loooved the 'levitation' pose with the ankles and the shoulders on the blocks at the beginning - so much fun and so creative! By far one of the best classes I have taken on PA recently - and I never really have anything negative to say about any of the classes or instructors - but this is right up there and made it straight into my 'favourite classes' playlist. Thank you, Mariska, just the kind of classes we need at the moment to get our juices flowing and our bodies and minds challenged!
1 person likes this.
GREAT class!  I live with some disabilities (fingers stuck in flexion, limited ROM of the wrist, limited ROM in dorsiflexion... and more!) and was able to learn some new ways to modify and intensify exercises that I've previously struggled with.  I can't wait to watch this class again and incorporate some of these exercises in my yoga classes for the chronically ill.  Thank you, thank you!  So fun!  
Laurence F I'm glad you liked it! I also love that one - it is so fun but really not that tough once you figure out your position! This was my FAVORITE of my Pilatesish series and I wish everyone who likes my classes had yoga blocks to try it!
Rachel L I'm glad you liked it! It was my favorite Pilatesish class. I use yoga blocks a lot for my private clients - I think they are so useful for so many things! (And thank you for teaching a yoga class to chronically ill patients - that's wonderful!)
This is a candidate for top 10 class of Pilates Anytime 2020.  So glad I finished the year with this one.  Great personal practice experience and so much content for classes I teach I couldn't even write it all down.  This is a must try for anyone with blocks.  The leverage, range of motion, and activation assistance you get with them is revealing in such pleasurable ways.
Allison O Thank you for this! This was actually my personal favorite (but also the least watched) of my Pilatesish series. I have some home Zoom clients who don't have a lot to play with, but they had yoga blocks, so I had months of playing around with yoga blocks to inspire me! I am glad it also inspired you!
Praveena C
1 person likes this.
Love love this class. Creative use of blocks. Definitely in my favorites🌺
1 person likes this.
At the moment when we were hovering with one yoga block under the ankles and one under the shoulder blades at the beginning of class, my cat jumped up on my belly! Speaking of blooper reels, I wish I'd been recording myself, lol. Tysm this class was a lot of fun!
Kat D. the fact that you didn't have your camera running for that is a tragedy!!
1 person likes this.
This was a lot of fun and I loved the variations.  Just bought yoga blocks! Mine are foam and I do wish that for some of the movements I had sturdier cork ones like yours, yet I made it work and it was a great class! Thanks so much!
21-30 of 34

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin