Inner Thigh Release<br>Niedra Gabriel<br>Class 4544

Inner Thigh Release
Niedra Gabriel
Class 4544

Watch this Class
Julianna C
1 person likes this.
Is the Yamuna Ball different than the Bender Ball?  Curious how firm you need the ball to be for this work
Sue S
1 person likes this.
Thanks this was lovely Niedra Gabriel . Like Julianna I also wonder how firm the ball needs to be. I used an Overball inflated more than usual but it did seem a bit soft. There again buying more props for each class is a bit counter productive as it stops us taking classes and wasting ages looking for possible alternatives  as some seem quite ludicrously priced.
Niedra Gabriel
Julianna C  and Sue S thank you for your questions. I never used the Bender ball is.  I have done this work with tennis balls, medicine balls,  some people used foam rollers, yoga tune up balls and I use the Yamuna balls a lot.  How pumped up or soft they are is very personal, if you find you are not going deep and your body likes the pressure inflate more, it depends a lot on the muscle texture of the person, the body size and what the body is willing to experience.  If you are finding your prop too soft, blow it up or try using something else.  I am at a loss to recommend an exact ball as they are interchangeable and really shift with each person.   Please be creative and explore your options  
Julianna C
1 person likes this.
Thank you for the guidance. It is extremely helpful!
1 person likes this.
I used a foam roller for parts of this and found so many sore spots on my adductors I didn’t know where there 
If I don’t have that ball do you think a soccer ball would work better? 
Niedra Gabriel
Kerry H why not experiment? sometimes softer balls are better when there is a lot of tenderness, and some people like the hardness - experiment and see what feels good to you. Remember more pain is not necessarily better, we are striving to relax and release deep tension, not "bully' it out of our system. 
Rina S
1 person likes this.
This work is miraculous for me. I am going through it now for the first time, but it seems to be opening up not only lower body, but my brain. I am currently under a lot of stress, and this work seems to help me cope better. |Thanks.
Niedra Gabriel
Rina S I an so thrilled to be reading your comment, this release work has so many layers to it, I am so happy to know it is helping you. 
Jamie W
1 person likes this.
Oh I hope you make more of these, Nieda - I love your teaching style! I ordered all the balls and did look into other classes, but the way you explain it and the pace allows my body to allow this work in so deeply. I just keep coming back to these videos you're gifted us. Thank you!
Niedra Gabriel
Jamie W Im thrilled to know you are enjoying these classes. This work is fabulous. 
 I have an upcoming retreat in Costa Rica where we will be doing ball work daily as I like to have people change fast.  It's exciting that way.   You can always find out more on my website ( my first and last name) 
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin