Jump Board Cardio Burst<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 455

Jump Board Cardio Burst
Amy Havens
Class 455

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Hi Amy -
I absolutely love your classes.
Just a quick question, I have an Aeropilates as I wanted to ensure that I would actually find the time to do classes before making a bigger investment. I am improvising with the cords as I don't have the same colored cords as your machine. Are you familiar with the Aeropilates and if so, do you have any idea of the equivalents to your machine? I hope to see many more jump board videos with intricate foot work from you. The beats/changements are absolutely impacting my legs in such a great way! Thank you!!!
Lori
1 person likes this.
Great, as Amy's classes always are!
Can you recommend any way to guard against lower back pain and neck strain while doing jumpboard?
Hi Lori, thank you...glad you enjoyed this class. Recommendations to guard against lower back pain and neck strain during jumpboard......without seeing you in person, I can't give too many specifics for you in particular. But in general, if a person is experiencing low back pain....I would first look at their abdominal support.....are they too lumbar 'neutral' or could the allow themselves to tip into a slight posterior position....might be helpful. The spring tension may be too light also, maybe adding a little bit to help keep the body anchored. Neck strain----take a look at head rest position and vary if needed....and head position itself while lying supine. Try not to look at the feet----look up to the ceiling to keep cervical alignment ideal, and of course.....breathe! Holding your breath will most likely contribute to that neck strain, try not to jump too hard....be easy, have fun!
Lori
1 person likes this.
Thanks so much Amy, I'll use some of your tips and let you know how it goes. I keep trying it, but realize it might just not be ideal for me. Thanks for your tips. You rock, as always!
Thank you Lori, any progress or changes since your last comment?
Lori
1 person likes this.
Amy, I haven't specifically done jumpboard recently, but will update you. Thanks for following up!
1 person likes this.
This is great go to cardio workout 😊 Thanks!
1 person likes this.
Thank you Laura !!
Lori
1 person likes this.
Amy Havens just following up. I’ve recently tried jumpboard again trying to rehab leg and foot injuries in an “unweighted” way after physical therapy last year. I’m happy to say that I’m no longer experiencing neck and back pain while doing jumpboard and am working on strengthening my calf muscles and feet, specifically, in addition to just working out. Thanks for all of your classes (especially foot focused and foam roller classes, in addition to reformer and now jump board.) You have helped me more than you will ever know. I’ve learned so much from you, Miriam Kane, Niedra Gabriel, Erika Quest and so many others on this site and am hopefully strengthening myself for the long haul. Pilates Anytime has been one of my best investments in my health.
All the best to you.
Lori , reading this comment has been such a joy! First, I am happy to hear you're moving onward and upward in your strengthening and training, fantastic! Second, thank you for your positive feedback on my classes and to the other amazing teachers whom you've pointed out here. We are a great team and enjoy bringing the best we can to you all! I love your word "investment"..... time, $, spirit and soul! Keep it up and I hope to talk to you soon!
41-50 of 60

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin