Seamless Mat Flow<br>Lisa Hubbard<br>Class 814

Seamless Mat Flow
Lisa Hubbard
Class 814

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
In the lying on the stomach position I cannot lift my legs up from my waist. we were supposed to pump each leg. What can I do to modify it? Can I leave one knee on the floor while the other leg kicks. I certainly cannot manage to put both legs up at the same time.
Lisa Hubbard
Hi Dalya, thank u for asking for a modification for the Single Leg Stretch. It is a difficult exercise to perform, so I appreciate the inquiry.Yes, you may modify this exercise by keeping the knees on the mat as you pump the opposite leg towards your hips. This is completely acceptable. Be certain to keep the upper torso lifted & engage your abdominals. Over time your back & hip extensors will gain strength & will be able to perform it with both knees off the mat :)
Lisa Hubbard
Thank you ladies (Mareile & Amy) for your positive comments...so much appreciated! Pilates changes eveyone's life~ENJOY!
RT
1 person likes this.
Great class...pls do more Rhythm Pilates...
Lisa Hubbard
Ah, thanks u Aarthi for the RP Love :) I'm working on a special piece exclusively for PA Members.
1 person likes this.
again, i just love this. it's like it was made personally for ME. thank you again!!!
Lisa Hubbard
@Cindy Wright so generous and personally touches ME! Thank YOU and a very Happy New Year!
1 person likes this.
I am new to level 2 in the past week, this was a great challenge for me, I could not do the teaser and had to rest my abdominals at that point. But with your posture instructions I was more stable than usual with side work, which was encouraging!
Lisa Hubbard
1 person likes this.
Hi Laurie, fantastic that you have progressed to level 2 and found new ways to stabilize better with side lying...it's challenge for certain. Keep up the great work & remember take a break whenever you need it! Lastly, you can always modify teaser with bent knees if necessary I appreciate you feedback.
1 person likes this.
Lovely class with beautiful flow. Thank you so much :) always read comments after I've taken a class & Dalya's comment doesn't appear to relate to S Leg Stretch...am I 'having a moment' ? Just concerned there may be issues re core strength/ low back if she can't lift her legs from prone position as she mentions being on her stomach.
21-30 of 53

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin