Embodied Mat<br>Wendy L.<br>Class 923

Embodied Mat
Wendy L.
Class 923

Watch this Class
Thank you, Susan, for pointing out a very important distinction of this "embodied" way of being with ourselves in movement. When we become fascinated with how we move, and take the time to deepen our understanding of what is not clear, we open ourselves to real change on a foundational level. It's my experience that we can truly change family compensation patterns that are ingrained. I think of it as changing history.... my own body's experience has revealed that to me .
1 person likes this.
I also love your pumpkin wheels for the lateral rolls! Who cares why they were called that - the body certainly doesn't care - and it's fun to feel like a rolling pumpkin!
What I've discovered over the years is that the body doesn't care what we call what we do....Pilates, yoga, Feldenkrais, Alexander, washing the dishes....all it cares about is movement with awareness!
Wendy, what a wonderful class. Placing my hands on the inside of the circle and gently pressing out really illuminated my shoulder blade to deep belly. For me, it was a big difference from placing hands on the outside and pressing in. Thank you!
Dear Tammy, thank you for sharing your generous feedback! I love hearing how you are deepening your understanding of embodied movement!
  Wendy L.  I've have so much fun at the last exercise! Thank you a lot!
1 person likes this.
You are so welcome, Dimitrina!  
Thank you. I love the concept of energize vs exercise. I have always relied on "exercise" to improve how I feel and approach my day. I will love thinking of it as my time to "energize!
Diane, thank you for sending your feedback on the HUGE difference it is to ENERGIZE rather than EXERCISE!  When we realize that babies do not think about which muscle to use when they move, and use their relationship with gravity and its partner, ground reaction force, which we know as "uplift" to discover effort with ease!  Keep exploring these concepts and you will be amazed how your body will thank you by getting stronger and smarter as you age!  Let me know what else you  discover in the offerings I have on Pilates Anytime! xxwendy
21-28 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin