Pilates to Cure Chronic Conditions (Blog)

Pilates to Cure Chronic Conditions (Blog)

Read This Article
1 person likes this.
Wonderful article. I am a pilates Instructor of 13 years just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and errosive osteo arthritis. New territory going from athlete to weak constant pain person.She was a strong voice of wisdom and encouragement, thank you.
1 person likes this.
I see a Gyrotonic machine beside your Ladder Barrel ;) Inspiring story! Thank you and warm greetings!
Thank you Angeles. Very inspiring!
1 person likes this.
Thanks for reading my story. I am glad it provided inspiration to you all. As a practitioner and teacher, I find it helpful to be reminded about the empowering aspect of the work we do. Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will see what I can do to help.
1 person likes this.
Thanks for sharing this story. I have suffered from AS for over 20 years and last year it went into a major flare up. It's taken at least 18 months to recover from this. I discovered pilates about 3-4 years ago and it really changed my life. I found it was the perfect therapy, pain relief and have since become an instructor. I am now able to teach pilates to other AS sufferers. It is SO empowering and wonderful to share the benefits with others.
1 person likes this.
This is an amazing story! Well done :) It comes at a perfect time for me as I have a new client who suffers with the same condition as well as his 12 year old son. I have told them to be patient as we might not be able to do miracles at first, but he will most definitely see a difference. I am so proud to be doing this.. as you truly say Angeles, we have a highly empowering profession! Kristi, thank you for bringing such stories to the world in general. They serve as an assurance that what we do is ultimately for the benefit of others and that in itself is so rewarding for me. x
Anita and Clare - Thank you for sharing your stories regarding AS. If you have any questions regarding the Pilates approach - in addition to other modalities - I have used to take care of my AS, please let me know.
1 person likes this.
Angeles, what a life-affirming story.
You are an inspiration!
C
Olga H
Hi Angeles, thank you so much for sharing your story. Please do share what other modalities you used to take care of your AS. Very much appreciate it in advance!
Check out the suggested treatments found on Spondylitis Association of America (//www.spondylitis.org/about/altern ative.aspx). They go into detail on the general stance for "alternative" treatment for people with Spondylitis. As for me, I have used restorative care (meaning gentle and nonactive modalities) when in a flare. When in remission, I use both restorative and active modalities. As a FYI: after meeting so many people with spondylitis, I have found a lot of variation on how spondylitis has impacted them and what people are willing to do and have access in care. Hence, what worked for me may be different on what works someone else.
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin