Advanced Reformer Flow<br>Kristi Cooper<br>Class 294

Advanced Reformer Flow
Kristi Cooper
Class 294

Watch this Class
Kristi Hi, I've been taught to do Short box with feet pressing up against the strap, is your way (heels on the platform ) a modification or a different school approach? How will it make a difference on ones body one way or the other? Thanks.
H Luisa ~ The version I'm doing is modified from the classical way. It is how we teach it initially in the BASI comprehensive course, later to be advanced if you wish. You'll notice I am sitting forward on the box, feet firmly secured. I learned from Rael how the engagement of the hamstrings can help stabilize and control the pelvis making the whole series more effective. By lightly pressing down with the thighs or heels (but not to extend the legs rather to keep them flexed), you may find you can connect to your abdominals more without that tentative unsure feeling in your back. Once you get used to the sense of the hamstrings being involved you can go back to the version you describe and perhaps minimize the use of the quads. it is really just a way into experiencing the same exercise you know differently. Hope this helps.
Loved this and your teaching style! Just joined pilatesanytime and so glad I did. I feel inspired and worked out! Thank you!
You're Welcome Carolyn! Welcome to Pilates Anytime!
I love it thank you Kristy Prease more charenge class!!!

1 person likes this.
Wonderful class can't wait to try it....by the way love your classes & It was very nice to meet you in Red Carpet Party :)))
I've always been afraid of the twist on the bar, but your smooth voice calmed me down and I did it! It feels good! Thank you!!
Nice to meet you too Martina! Congratulations Theodora! Glad I could help.
Great class and certainly food for thought! I love that I have found someone who teaches short spine just like me! Thoroughly enjoyed the whole class, you explain beautifully and your body does the rest!! Thanks
OMG. Amazing. You make it look effortless. Please tell me some of those things are just a little hard for you to do. And if it's all easy, please lie to me!
31-40 of 49

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin