Precise & Detailed Reformer<br>Diane Diefenderfer<br>Class 2715

Precise & Detailed Reformer
Diane Diefenderfer
Class 2715

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Wonderful teacher! Any chance for a mat class?
1 person likes this.
Diane gives clear and precise instruction. Definitely a challenging workout.
Thank you and I agree with Reina.
Diane Diefenderfer
Thank you for the compliment! I hope you enjoy the class and the challenges of some of those advanced movements.....believe me, I know they are tough! I have a mat/stretch/"feel good" class coming out next week....perhaps you'll check it out and hopefully enjoy!
Excellent class taught be a real pro. Enjoyed it immensely. Just what I needed!
Diane Diefenderfer
Thank you Maggie, for your kind compliment.
HI This the first time I have seen "twist" on PA. Thanks for that! How do you address tight hip flexors with the stomach massage series? I find it so hard to teach to many clients who are very fit and strong but just can't sit up enough in order to do this series.
Diane Diefenderfer
Hi Jeannene,
Thank you for your comment. I'll try to answer your question about the stomach massage as best I can. Yes, I too have had challenges teaching it for various reasons. Much of what happens is that clients drop into their rounded back, putting stress on the spine and contributing to even more flexion in the hips. You may try having them sit a bit further away from the edge of carriage to start with (and that distance all depends on their height, length of leg and hip flexibility). I often begin the series by having the student hold the bar with both hands placed between the slightly turn out feet, asking them to sit tall, feel length and lift throughout the (hopefully) straight spine, and take a few breaths feeling the lift. Then I have them contract the abdominals, thus creating the slightly rounded spine BUT lifting up and over into a proper contraction. I ask for the spine to be in the shape of a parentheses rather than a shorter "C" shape. to be cont.
Diane Diefenderfer
part 2 for Jeannene,
This lifted contraction not only helps the student really use and feel the abdominals or "massage" but as well may help get them out of sinking or overly flexing the hip flexors. One other thing.....pretty simple but important, I try not to cue for too long while the student is in the "ready" position since once they get moving and push the carriage out, the hips aren't as crunched as while the carriage is closed. Hope this helps and you don't mind this long answer!!! I have other videos on the site and some more coming out next week and next month. Best wishes to you. Diane
love the way Diane provides the instructions. slow and clear. one of the best classes i have taken. One recommendation, for us at home please call out the springs before start of exercise!
1-10 of 68

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin