Shared Traditions Panel<br>Kristi Cooper<br>Discussion 1191

Shared Traditions Panel
Kristi Cooper
Discussion 1191

Watch this Discussion
I am trained in both classical and evolved pilates and whilst I favour the classical path now, I appreciate the importance and value of all the different lineages. I wish there was a reference guide somewhere to say whether an exercise was from Eve or Kathy or Carola etc. - that way we can keep each lineage alive. Perhaps this is something Pilates Anytime could look into doing?!
1 person likes this.
This was just amazing !! Thank you Kristi for all that you do !!
That was such a joy to watch. Thank you for giving us so much. As an instructor it is easy to start feeling isolated if there isn't anyone around who feels as passionate as you. But this site and all the wonderful instructors you bring in truly make me feel part of a community. And what a wonderful, caring, compassionate community it is. Thank you again.
Hi Josie, I am working on trying to do something similar to what you ask for. I have spent the Summer interviewing the protogees of the 5 main lineages (represented in this discussion) for the Pilates Legacy project. Within the project I had a curator for each of the lineages. Their role was to help document the main contribution/method of their teacher (Ron, Carola, Eve, Kathy and Romana). Once the method is described, I had them all provide classes or demonstrations (the practice) that we could take to better understand. Sometimes these will be classes taught by the elder themselves using archival footage... I also plan to do a comparison of exercises... but that will come a bit later... I hope you like it!
Thank you Katrine and Maryann! Katrine, you are not alone! I appreciate what you say here. Having spent a lot of time and resources on my personal passion this Summer (things like this panel discussion), there is a small part of me that wonders if I'm alone in thinking it matters. I am buoyed by the reaction to this discussion because I know what's coming...
This is enlightening and fabulous.Thank you PA for sharing. Wow!!
Cathy M
1 person likes this.
Fascinating and very touching. Now I can't wait to see the Pilates Legacy project.
Music to my ears Cathy!
1 person likes this.
Just delicious!! Thank you Kristi and Pilates Anytime for wonderful piece of dessert. I loved listening to this history lesson :))
That sounds awesome Kristi - thank you and I can't wait to see all of that!
11-20 of 37

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin