Squat!<br>Amy Taylor Alpers<br>Special 1243

Squat!
Amy Taylor Alpers
Special 1243

Watch this Special Feature
1 person likes this.
Hi%2C%20Amy%2C%20thank%20you%20for%20this!%20How%20about%20people%20who%20have%20arthritic%20knees%20and%20for%20whom%20squatting%20is%20painful%3F
Hi Elizabeth. Here is what the article said: Quick, try this: Sit down on the floor, then get back up using as little support as possible. (No hands!)

How’d you do? According to a new study in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, your ability—or inability—to do the test with ease may predict how long you’re going to live.
//www.prevention.com/health/h ealthy-living/simple-flexibility-te st-might-predict-lifespan

I thought it was something that might inspire teachers to commit more to enabling this life skill in their clients. I didn't mean it to be negative. I apologize. Hope the article is enlightening to the ultimate value of squatting. Thanks. Amy
Hi Mary Ellen. I just had the most amazing experience with a very damaged elderly client. She did a full squat yesterday!!! I was pretty sure her joints - knees and hips - might never be able, but after working on it for not very long, she did it! I'm not saying everyone can do it, just that it's worth holding out hope and working towards it to the degree safe and possible. :) Amy
1 person likes this.

I must say that indeed liked Amy’s statement from a medical study “can't squat, then you have not got long to live”
1 person likes this.
I am celebrating my 68th birthday today &, thanks to Pilates, I can do a full squat with heels on the floor. I add a Star when I rise to work in the frontal plane as well. Thanks to both of you for this important info on functional "wild" important ROM.
Gives a new meaning to "squatters". Gracias, Amy!!
Great stuff ladies! thank you x
Great information on something simple that can be done to reverse tightness from sitting all day.
This looks like a great squat version for stretching and lubricating the joints, and lower back.
I'm curious, though about your thoughts on the squat version in which the knees stay behind the toes, and the tailbone is UNtucked. This article discusses the version for pelvic floor health.Pelvic floor health
Had to re-watch this again. Forgot how amazing and important normal and natural squats are! It's such great tool in assessing a client and can be easily added as homework.
11-20 of 22

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin