Pelvic Floor Ultrasound<br>Brent Anderson<br>Special 1502

Pelvic Floor Ultrasound
Brent Anderson
Special 1502

Watch this Special Feature
1 person likes this.
Brent was she lifting the pelvic floor with her breath?
Hi Frank, it was really just isolated control of the muscle, as if I was asking you to flex your bicep muscle. The interesting phenomena is that many Pilates teachers thought they were contracting their pelvic floor and in reality they were not. Cheers
3 people like this.
how about deconditioned beginners (who maybe have little awareness of pelvic floor)? should pilates teachers cue to help them build awareness of both relaxed and 'lifted' sensations?
16 people like this.
Can you please share instruction on how to contract the PF versus push it down. What was your colleague doing differently? This distinction would be helpful. Thanks!
5 people like this.
I agree with Sam. Need a little more cueing to help clients distinguish between the lift and the contraction...always have been taught "In and Up". What is a good phrase to use instead? Love the ultra sound!
3 people like this.
I agree. So interesting. Please give us more information.
Very insightful. Thanks Brent!
2 people like this.
I too would love the cueing and imagery to avoid bearing down or pushing out. It's hard to tell if you are over or under-recruiting your abs while trying to pull everything up. You are a great source of knowledge. Thank you!
3 people like this.
I woke up at 2 am thinking about this!! My brainstorm idea is "" gently lift the pelvic floor like an elevator and hug "into" your spine to create your CORE, or "POWERHOUSE"". maybe someone can add or change the wording. I am constantly erasing and trying to find ways to explain to people. I instruct at the Y, so always have different levels in my class!
Should have been constantly READING ..hate typing without my contacts!
1-10 of 30

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin