The Saw Up Close<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Tutorial 1768

The Saw Up Close
Benjamin Degenhardt
Tutorial 1768

Watch this Tutorial
Pilates Tot, Pilates Anytime agrees that caution is prudent when exercising online, or otherwise. But to suggest Benjamin "won't tell you this on the video" as if he is purposefully hiding something from you is as inaccurate a statement as suggesting that "anyone with back pain" will "be sorry" if they use their spine as the action calls for in the Saw.
This tutorial is meant to be an exploration into the Saw, as it appears in Return to Life and based on Benjamin's expertise with this method, his understanding of the Physical Culturalist movement and other movement studies since. It is not meant to be a command that everyone do this exercise. For our members who do this exercise, we hope this tutorial gives them more insight when practicing it next time. We are always interested in clarifying our descriptions where necessary therefore really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
Interesting how 2 moderators and instructor posted their comments (Kristi Moderator played defense) instead of adding something in the video itself or in the actual video description regarding novices that have lower back pain and various modifications that could be made. Way to go team!
For Pilates Tot above, I see plenty of videos on PA for beginners and those that need modifications and lots to choose from here beginner through advanced. I was under the impression that PA is a service for continuing ed for pilates teachers and would think you would have the knowledge to know which classes are suitable for your issues.
I have very serious back issues and safely did this tutorial. But then again I have taken a comprehensive training program and know what i should and should not do for my body. We have the opportunity to sample classes here from some of the best teachers of our time and feel very fortunate and grateful to PA for offering this to us.
Jennifer W
1 person likes this.
Excellent tutorial! Thank you!
1 person likes this.
Benjamin is a wonderful tutor, loved the variation in the standing saw particularly useful for those students that find sitting saw difficult. Please give us more!!!
You made me fall in love with saw especially the standing versions. I teach it to my pilates & ballet students. Thank you.
Benjamin Degenhardt
Thank you Jose—what's not to love about the Saw, right? Glad you enjoyed this tutorial! Hope to see you again soon.
That was BRILLIANT thanks!
Clare V
Why have I never thought to teach saw standing? Love these variations. Thank you Benjamin!
11-19 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin