Pregnancy Modifications <br>Michael King<br>Tutorial 1989

Pregnancy Modifications
Michael King
Tutorial 1989

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
Hi Michael

Thank you very much for the Tutorial. It's really helpful for me, but although I can take a lot of information from the images, which are great, I always find some problems to understand most of the words, due to my poor english! (I've had this letter translated for me!)

I really love and enjoy your classes and, therefore, I decided to ask you for the possibility to have them translated into Spanish

It would be very interesting for us, the spanish' speaking Pilates' teachers and so helpful for our Pilates' classes....

I finally want to say again: thanks for all you work!

Warm regards from a faithful follower from Spain,

Asun
2 people like this.
This was really wonderful and so helpful. Wouldn't it be great if Michael and Leah Stewart could write a book? :) I really appreciated this tutorial. Thank you! Michael is extremely knowledgeable and from my experience of "only" having 5 children so far :) Michael is RIGHT ON about everything he said. Would it please be possible to get a short list of the specific pilates moves that directly target the Rectus Abdominus? I know Michael mentions that the rollover and the Hundred and the single/double leg stretches are ones we want to modify. I was just wanting even more info towards the end of this great tutorial re: the deep stabilizing muscles and if exercise that target those muscles are the exercises we need to be modifying throughout pregnancy (i.e. is the Rectus Abdominus the deep stabilizing muscles)? Please excuse my ignorance/confusion. THANK YOU! WONDERFUL TUTORIAL! Thank you so much. Michael is very impressive and Kristi makes a very graceful model!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shannon, Thank you for your comments & questions!

The Rectus Abdominus is categorically not one of the deep stabilisers. In fact it should avoid as a target muscles as soon as the pregnancy begins to show and definitely within the 6 weeks after birth and very gradually after the six week period.

This does not mean is does not work or get worked but it will prevent or reduce diastase.

The focus is pelvic floor throughout - connect to, train effectively, be able to activate and relax as required. Accompanied by good deep lower back muscles and the Transversus Abdominus.
1 person likes this.
Asuncion, Gracias por su mensaje, Pilates Anytime subtitula algunos de sus programas así que habré de sugerir personalmente que lo hagan con esta sesión.
Desde luego variosde mis DVD's están en Español y mi libro sobre embarazo está disponible también en Español.
Por lo pronto estamos actualizando el libro bajo parámetros vigentes y si están pendientes al sitio web, podrán ver cuando esta actualización se haya completado.

Gracias nuevamente por sus comentarios.
THANK YOU Michael King!!!! I also LOVE your chi ball workout!!! It makes me SOOOOO HAPPY to do that one. I need some SERIOUS work on my diastasis after having 5 kids. Thank God for pilates :). THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, Michael,

Thank you very much for your spanish answer. I'm so grateful for that!

I only wish that any day I could have those tutorials translated into Spanish in Pilatesanytime!

By the way..... I've got your book already, but I still can't find your videos ...

Can I ask you to help me to find them in the internet? I ignore if I can ask you this here....

Anyway, thanks again for everything

Warm greetings from Spain!
1 person likes this.
Hi Asuncion
You can find my videos on my web site
www.michaelkingpilates.com
Ple ase let me know if you have a problem finding them
Michael
Thank you! this is very helpful. I have a question about release of pelvic floor; I understand the importance of engagement, but I also know that it is important to know how to let go of the muscles, especially for the birth process. I got lucky with getting massage, in the pelvic floor while pregnant, that really helped the birthing process. would you please expand some information about that?
Hi Tehila,
As the baby grows the TA/Rectus is not effective for support so the pelvic floor is very important for support when loading. But you are correct usually in the last trimester there should be relaxation and preparation for the birth. This is normally done with breathing exercises. Of course as I mentioned on the Tutorial each pregnancy is very unique and the guidelines I give are general guidelines as I have had clients and friends with very difficult pregnancies who can not really exercise at all. When I talk about engaging the pelvic floor it is for support with loading and exercise. Hope this helps
Michael
I wanted to add quickly that I did the most pilates by far during my 5th pregnancy and that made a WORLD of difference during delivery. I was able to not only avoid a repeat ceasarean (after having one with my 4th delivery only) but also experienced a vast difference in my pelvic floor muscles and capabilities. I did reformer work for the first time during the 5th pregnancy--simple exercises for the pelvic floor. :) Loved this tutorial. Thank you!
1-10 of 21

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin