Spinal Decompression<br>Sharon G.<br>Tutorial 2184

Spinal Decompression
Sharon G.
Tutorial 2184

Watch this Tutorial
2 people like this.
Very interesting Sharon! Thank you for your detailed explanation and attention to detail.
1 person likes this.
I would love to know more! Could you site your resources please :)
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Hydie. Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed it.
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Hi Abby. Thank you for commenting. First of all, there's not a short answer to that question. This information is from many years of study with many teachers in Anatomy, rehabilitative techniques, movement therapies and bodywork (aside from Pilates). I will try to cite the main influences and sources to keep it brief. The information regarding the "Short Foot" and training the lateral glutes for decompression I learned from training in the work of Vladimir Janda, M.D., who was an Orthopedist working with movement pattern dysfunction. The pelvic floor information and it's dynamic relationship to the diaphragm came from many workshops with Eric Franklin (who wrote "Pelvic Power" and many other books) and also training with Liz Koch (author of "The Psoas Book"). Diaphragm release work came from studying with Dr. Gotz Lehl (Orthopedist/Osteopath).
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
continued to Abby....
Some of the other anatomy information comes from workshops and/or training with Thomas Myers (author of Anatomy Trains), Sue Hitzman (creator of the MELT Method), as well as with friends and anatomy geek colleagues - Michael Feldman, Bethany Drohman, Dallas Everleth, Lizz Roman and Janyne Edwards. The "non-compressible abdomen information" can be found in numerous anatomy books, including "Anatomy of Movement" by Blandine Calais-Germain. The way this information all fits together has come from many years of study coupled with my own experiential awareness and many years of teaching clients. Again, this is just a short list, but I hope it helps. Thank you Abby!!
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sharon for your thoughtful reply. It is great help I too am an anatomy nerd and totally enjoyed your tutorial. I have been working through the MELT curriculum myself. I wish that I were closer so that I could study under you :)
1 person likes this.
She was once short.. now she is pinay. Great video sharon! Quilet is pretty amazing too.
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
You are too funny Jack. Yes, Quiet is amazing isn't she? But you are pretty amazing yourself. You guys did such a great job that day.
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sharon! I love the way you work! So much great information!
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Thank you Silke for your comment on the way I work. I truly appreciate your feedback and am glad you enjoyed the tutorial.
1-10 of 15

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin