Prenatal Full-Body Mat<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 239

Prenatal Full-Body Mat
Leah Stewart
Class 239

Watch this Class
Hi Leah,

Thank you for this wonderful class. I am on my 3rd trimester, 3rd child and a Pilates instructor myself. I've grown bored of my personal workouts, and your class has re-invigorated me and has given me quite a challenge! I suffer from rectus diastisis from my 2nd pregnancy (it's getting worse in this pregnancy due to picking up my 2 yr old), so I am keeping my spinal flexion to a minimum. For all mommies out there doing this workout with rectus diastisus (split in the rectus abdominus), Leah uses very safe not-so-loaded spinal flexion that is really meant to relieve back tightness. It feels so good!!! Thank you Leah! You are my Sunday gal. I do your video every Sunday :)
Bonnie Machuca
PrecisionPoint Pilates
Bonnie,

Thank you for your wonderful comment! Congratulations on your pregnancy, that is so exciting! I am honored that you choose to spend a little time with me every Sunday

Yes, the exercises are designed to be safe for the prevention or worsening of DR, yet they can still be challenging and rewarding for pre-natal women. I have always felt that when women feel that they can accomplish a challenge (like a good Pilates session) with safety, control, focus and efficiency they are really preparing for labor, where they will have to accomplish a major challenge and have the self-confidence and sense of empowerment to do so. So, Pilates for me is a complete preparation for labor.

Thank you so much!
Excellent prenatal class! Unfortunately the last minutes of the class do not play for some reason. The class stops at 49:34 on my computer (done it twice).

Thank you Leah for empowering us to enjoy Pilates during pregancy!
1 person likes this.
Anna~ You actually did see the entire class. It is only 49:34 minutes. The 60 min that was written under the class is just to give people a sense of how long the video is. Because this is one of our older classes, I believe we used to only have 30, 60, etc. as our time breakdowns. I have changed it to say 50 min now but you haven't missed any of the class.
I am 35 weeks pregnant, new to this site and to Pilates. I have been doing Yoga prior to now. I really enjoyed your class. The only thing that was surprising to me was the way it ended, I was in the middle of a nice exercise when.....nothing!!!!! I was left crying for more....or an ending
Hi Leah,
I find it challenging in my pregnancy classes to keep switching the excersises up a bit, your classes help me do that! So far I'm the only one (as far as I know) teaching pregnancy pilates here on my island Curacao and I really want to keep it interesting for the ladies! So thank you
Hi Lisa,

I am so happy to hear that the classes here on PA are helping you create fun and creative classes for your pregnant clients. You are very very welcome, and I can't wait to add more prenatal classes on PA in the future

Leah
Absolutely love this class. It's challenging and made my back feel so much better than it has all week. Only issue is the video ends in the middle of the last side stretch exercise, like it gets cut off. If you do non prenatal classes too, I will def be looking for those after baby. So thankful to have found this since I can't make classes in person with working full time and I already have a 22 mo old. This alone made my PA subscription worth it today.
Bethany,
I'm so happy that you enjoyed the class, and that your back feels much better Also glad that you are enjoying your PA subscription - it's such a great resource for Pilates lovers.

I do have two postnatal classes on PA for your to try after your pregnancy. I'll be filming several more prenatal classes before my baby is born in September and some of those will be mat classes. Not sure if you have access to the Pilates equipment, if so, please try the prenatal equipment classes too. I'll also be filming additional postnatal classes after my little one is born.

I do know that another great prenatal teacher, Carolyne Anthony recently filmed some prenatal mat classes as well, so watch out for those, I'm sure you'll enjoy them and get much from them

Also, try my stability ball and theraband prenatal classes - they're my favorites

Keep me posted on your progress, I always enjoy feedback.

Leah
Bethany~ I have forwarded your observation onto our video editor about the video cutting off early. We will work on getting this edited so that the last 5 minutes of the class are included.
11-20 of 50

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin