Foot Workout <br>Amy Havens<br>Class 2519

Foot Workout
Amy Havens
Class 2519

Watch this Class
5 people like this.
Fabulous! Thank you Amy. I have found that not a lot of teachers will teach the foot corrector, even if asked. Your instruction is clear and concise. The shorter sessions make it easy to incorporate with other routines. The various camera shots were excellent in showing the various points of focus!
1 person likes this.
Agree! Amy - always enjoy and learn from everything you post!
Have a question regarding trying to align the knee during the foot exercise. I have a72 yrs old client who has had a left knee replacement ( years ago) . It doesn't look "right" and she has developed severe sciatia on that side. When we attempt to do exercises to help with her alignment and address the sciatia she says she is unable to get into proper alignment ( due to the position of her knee) and it creates more pain . Know this is something that probably should be addressed by a physcian or physical therapist. But thought I would ask - if you had experienced similar situations with hip or knee replacements . Are there situations when perhaps the replacements were not done properly or they have "gone bad" and proper alignment really cannot be achieved?
Patty Hafen
1 person likes this.
I really appreciate your thorough yet easy-to-understand instruction on the foot corrector. I have one and don't use it very often, but I believe it's a really important tool. I will start incorporating it into my private sessions. Thank you!
Thank you so much Hydie! And thank you for your feedback about the camera angles!
2 people like this.
E.A.---thank you! To answer your question here to the best of my abilities....without seeing your client I can't clearly say. But yes, I've had similar comments from clients with hip and knee replacements about discomfort and/or pain (sciatic). My responsibility is to assist that person and get them in the most optimal alignment possible---without pain! Indeed. A replaced joint often provides relief from previous pain --most likely, but other patterns could still be in their body from pre-replacement, thereby having lingering 'issue's' that come at them from time to time. Some replacements do go bad also...I've heard of this with knees more than hips. And yes, when in doubt...if everything you're doing to keep her in good alignment without pain goes awry, seeking additional advice and treatment from another movement educator is often a wise choice for the person! Teamwork! :)
Thank you Patricia! Look at some of the other foot specific classes that I have on the site as well as other teachers here! We have some great content for feet and easy to integrate into private sessions, absolutely! :) Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!
1 person likes this.
So so helpful. I love that this little foot workout is only 20 mins. So many teachers focus on stretchig the feet, but strengthening them is so valuable and often overlooked.
Yes....we need strengthening just as much as we need stretch. It's the balance between the two.....very important! So glad you enjoyed the class Paula.
Jamie H
1 person likes this.
I used a yoga block (instead of a corrector) and followed the steps that Amy did. This is an amazing stretch! I highly recommend it and you get a wonderful stretch. Both sides had different reactions to this exercise. My right calf is very tight while the left one is loose.
Feet and alignment are highly important and unfortunately they do not get the credit they deserve.
Hi Jamie....great feedback from your experience and yes, other props are useful too. Glad you found the relationship with the yoga block useful as well. I agree with you.....the feet deserve more attention!!
1-10 of 18

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin