Efficient Arm Movement<br>Cara Reeser<br>Class 2800

Efficient Arm Movement
Cara Reeser
Class 2800

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Cara Reeser you are FANTASTICA!
1 person likes this.
I was so surprised that these "hard" exercises of the shoulder girdle were fairly easy for me that I brought someone in to check me out. Quite curious how I am going to feel tomorrow though. :) What remains nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me to do is the prone to plank push up. I replayed that segment serveral times and everyone does it beautifully. Keeping the integrity/alignment of all my "containers" only gets me inches off the ground.Literally inches. And yes, that is an improvement over past performance. So where do go from there. Drop back to prone after several attempts and then try with knees bent? Or is there some other intermediate movement I should try?
Joni, I also often practice it on the wall. We show several examples of this in the workshop. It is basically the same idea but easier with less pull from gravity. I hope this helps. Thanks for watching.
2 people like this.
Thanks so much for the suggestion Cara. I've been doing the wall push ups (and what you call lazy cats in the video) for about 30 years and it's gotten me to the point where I can finally do a few consecutive push ups. That said I STILL can't lift completely Imaintaining any semblance of alignment) from a prone position. What might be the next progression in difficulty after wall push ups? I tried rigging the theraband around my back with my hands holding the ends against the wall to provide additional resistance during the "lift" portion. Any problems with doing that that I'm not considering?
Cara is one of my favorites! She is fun, always challenging and leaves me with something new to think about.
Thank you Sharon for watching and putting out this positive note.
1 person likes this.
Super class as always, past teaching has always been to draw the shoulder blades down. This makes so much sense. Tough class in parts, will do over again and again to practice. An inspiration as always cara!!!!
Patricia W
Super having reviewed all this stuff - thank you so much for your inspiration!!!
Patricia, I am glad you like it and I am sending you big hugs.
Deb
1 person likes this.
Great class as always Cara. Cant wait to watch the workshop!
1-10 of 34

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin