Back Body Reformer<br>Sally Anderson<br>Class 2861

Back Body Reformer
Sally Anderson
Class 2861

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sally! Such a wonderful, therapeutic class. Hope to get my teens to practice this work. One question, on the extended, flat back elephant position how do you cue the cervical spine and head position? The models (who did great!) seem to be shortening a bit through the cervical spine. Just curious as I know it relates a lot to our IT/keyboarding posture. Thank you!
Sally Anderson
Thanks Tiffany Larson! So pleased it was a good class for you. With the neck, the aim is to keep it in line with the spine and as lengthened as possible, so that we're finding active alignment. Try pragmatic cues like "lengthen the crown of your head to the footbar/wall (depending on spine position), or imagery/reference cues like "a turtles head coming out of it's shell". Shoulders broad and actively engaged is important to the neck position. I'm sure any appearance of neck shortening in the video was in an effort to rapidly process a whole new class of instructions! I'd prefer slight cervical extension rather than any flexion or added load to cx/thx joint, so that it's reversing the pull of gravity. Hope this helps, but please let me know if you'd like any elaboration :)
2 people like this.
Beautiful! Thank you for your response. So helpful. Grateful for you and Pilates Anytime for your dedication to the method and healthy living. Cheers to 2017!
1 person likes this.
This was a really lovely class to ease back into after a back spasm a few weeks ago. Felt wonderful and loved the deliberate cueing and movement. Thank you!
1 person likes this.
Excellent class. Thanks Sally for treating this highly relevant problem. Will be doing this class frequently!
1 person likes this.
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Loved this class. Beanbag work at the end is an interesting addition.
1 person likes this.
I took a few of these exercises and introduced to my clients today. They LOVED them. Thank you! Always good to have fun new material to show my lovely clients.
1 person likes this.
Thanks Sally, great start to the New Year, ideal work out having just done a fell walk with a rucksack on, feel lengthened out again from top to toe!! Happy New Year to all at Anytime
I agree with Jill Cooper (minus the walking with the rucksack part)! Happy New Year to all and Thank you Sally!
Sally Anderson
Thank you all for your lovely comments, and very happy new year to everyone! I love being a part of Pilates Anytime and it's amazing connection with you all from the far corners of the world. Here's to a happy, healthy and safe 2017 to all.
1-10 of 20

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin