Cardio Pilates<br>Ed Botha<br>Class 299

Cardio Pilates
Ed Botha
Class 299

Watch this Class
Johanna W
What size weights are the participants using?
I think they were 3-5 pounds each. I think Ed mentions it in the beginning. They are really just to help you get up.
Yeah. The weights are just there to get you moving. If you want a challange then get rid of the weights all together. Enjoy!
Marlisa E
I wanted to like this class...but there is just too much room for injury and improper form. For me, I will run for cardio, although a vigorous, paced flow through of the classics challenges even advanced students. Why not stick with the classics and leave out workouts that really have potential for injury both to the spine and knees?
Loved the class! I only got through 40 minutes of it because my 2 year old woke from his nap, but my 9 and 5 year old were having fun just watching me! My 5 year old even joined in a few times. I look forward to more cardio blends. Thanks :)
really liked the class. Good to be able to get some cardio workout in. Can you address a question on cardio? I have heard that there is such a thing as too much cardio. If you are not over weight but want to focus on toning the body how much cardio do you think is necessary. I do weights 3 times a week for about an hour sesssion. Then I try to do pilates at least 2 times per week maybe 3. I try to ride my recumbent bike 30 minutes for 4 days a week. Do you have any suggestions for improvement or changes?
I thought I would be fit enough to keep up, but was proved wrong! Those girls in the class were great! Well done! Thanks Ed, I really enjoyed the class!
1 person likes this.
Loved this class. Its a killer.
Melissa the body responds best to change. It looks like you have a pretty good cardio program going. It's possible you have too much Resistance training combined with Pilates. I wonder when you are giving your body a rest? Rest is an important part of developing our bodies (and our minds). Re: Cardio the best thing to do is mix things up in my opinion. Vary the activity and the intensity. Ed's class falls on the side on interval training which is really good to do occasionally to really challenge your heart rate. Anyone else want to chime in on this?
Chiming in about rest.... a hard lesson learned for me, but one I have appreciated in the last few years. I've also learned to qualify "rest". For me, rest is not the absence of exercise, but instead it is more about the mindset involved. A walk outside can be rest, as the neurosensory system may be calmed by it. Sitting for hours at work may not be restful at all, as mental stressors may be challenging to neurosensors. So I strive to rest my nervous system... not just my musculoskeletal structure
21-30 of 102

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin