Mat for Back Pain<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 3061

Mat for Back Pain
Monica Wilson
Class 3061

Watch this Class
love it!!!
I’m
Confused why you didn’t cue her to lift her bottom side waist when she was in the side lying position? Thanks
Monica Wilson
Hi Elizabeth, that’s a great question! I try to stick to the golden rule of giving your client just “one” cue so they can feel like they achieved it, feel successful and good at Pilates. I feel like I often fail miserably at keeping the rule because my eye catches so many things and I do end up giving them a few cues instead of just one. I want to help my client but if I give them to many cues they will feel overwhelmed and leave feeling defeated. In this case, I did want Tara use her Powerhouse to lift her waist. Instead of giving her the verbal cue you can see in the photo for this class that I am giving her the cue with my hands. Combining verbal cues with hand placement/spotting keeps your client from feeling overwhelmed. Hope this answers your question!
Not applicable for online practice, though full of sense, level 1 or beginners
Tara J
Thank you!  I have low back drama and since I have been doing the back series I feel amazing!  I, however, wished I had someone to realign my hips when they go out of alignment and remind me to hug the midline and extend the spine and breath.  It is so much to remember.  lol I believe Pilates needs to be given to each toddler as they learn to navigate their way so proper form becomes natural.   It is awful to try to realign the body at 50 years old when the joints are set in stone and poor habits are hard to break.
Fantastic class!
Love this class, but why can’t I download it? The download feature is off for this video why is that?
Love this class, but why can’t I download it? The download feature is off for this video why is that?
This workout was just for my poor back! Monica, please give us another class like that. Loved it.
Excellent ! Great cueing right wording! Big thank you Monica...
Thank you Pilatesanytime for unique opportunities to learn from experts!!!
31-40 of 45

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin