Reclaim your Walk<br>Myriam Kane<br>Class 3257

Reclaim your Walk
Myriam Kane
Class 3257

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
I am curious why you would structure the class the way you did? You started the class on your feet and did some fairly challenging movements including squats and the single leg balance with the other leg extended and then moved on to sitting mobilizations of the hip joint. Would it not make more sense to mobilize the joint first so the proprioception is available in order to be able to sense and activate the "stabalizers" in the standing movements?
Myriam Kane
Hello Hann....yes, actually in the next video of this series that just came out "Reset Your Body" we do still begin standing but then do the mobilization on the mat and then take it back upright. So, I focused the "reclaim Your Walk" more on assessing and then doing a full mat class that address possible "roadblocks"...but going from assessment to mob/stab movements and then reassessing immediately upright is also something I do often. Thanks for your question!
1 person likes this.
Thank you for both of these classes! i have had severe injuries in one of my SI Joints and my body favors one side and I can feel how this helps my weaker side to engage! It is fantastic and I personally think everyone can benefit from this bilateral work!
Myriam Kane
Ugh, SI pain is certainly no fun, Darlene. Feeling and developing that bilateral engagement is definitely important. The (slow) crawling is also hugley helpful to developing that clean cross patterning...harder to cheat than when we're walking/running. Happy you're finding these classes helpful!
2 people like this.
Thanks so much! This is superb! Fantastic ! Your approach makes so much sense- Brilliant teacher!
Myriam Kane
Glad to hear my approach works for you, Helen!!! Enjoy and New Year blessings to you!
Patty Hafen
1 person likes this.
I feel great after this session. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I appreciate it very much.
Myriam Kane
Yay, Patty Hafen ...thats EXACTLY how were supposed to feel after delicious movement, yes!!!! Thank you!!!!
1 person likes this.
A nice little break for the abs! Thanks!
1 person likes this.
Fantastic class! Thank you!
11-20 of 36

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin