Diaphragmatic Breathing<br>Tom McCook<br>Tutorial 3316

Diaphragmatic Breathing
Tom McCook
Tutorial 3316

Watch this Tutorial
Thank you! Great tutorial!
Hi Tom. I found this tutorial very useful. Would you recommend this diaphragmatic breathing in traditional Pilates exercises like Single Leg Stretch or keep it as a separate technique?
It was very helpful again, I teach side bend and cat stretch everyday, this cueing and explaination gave me a better understanding of breathing during the movement. Thank you so much. Looking forward to meeting you again on POT
1 person likes this.
Thank you all for your comments and feedback! Katherine this is appropriate for Single Leg Stretch with the difference being your in flexion. Posterior lateral breathing is still just diaphragmatic breathing with more lower abdominal tone which expands the breath out laterally.
All the best and thank you Pilates Anytime!
Lovely! Nice to see this sort of stuff being taught, clear and anatomical way of learning how to correctly breathe. I remember in the early 2000s I was taught to keep my belly totally flat and engaged during the inhalation, intuitively it felt wrong. After many years of study and exploration I was glad to confirm that this was doing more damage than good. Thanks for spreading this valuable information Tom!
Thank you for your clear directions and for helping my understand anatomy more fully.
Michael L
Tom McCook You're making me feel good about a lot of what I do but at the same time making me see some things in a whole new light (which is fantastic)! What about when really working against gravity like Twist on the Short Box? Do you still use this type of exhale on the out phase and inhale to return? Just curious. Thanks so much!
Simply, clear and really helpful! Thanks!
Excellent video. I've found this really helpful for the imagery and use within my pilates and teaching and my tango teaching as well.
By the way - can I borrow your voice Tom because it's a stupendous aid to teaching .
Im a little confused..so is it ok to let the stomach 'pouch' a little upwards on an inhale when doing leg floats for example.
11-20 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin