Push Through Bar<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Tutorial 3404

Push Through Bar
Benjamin Degenhardt
Tutorial 3404

Watch this Tutorial
3 people like this.
Beautiful, clear instruction... thank you! I also love watching the care you extend to the person you are teaching.
I have a question regarding leg positioning during the Swan. I have been taught to open and turn out the legs, in order to get maximum range of movement through the hips. Meredith works with legs parallel and adducted in this video. What are your thoughts on the one position versus the other?
Benjamin Degenhardt
Hi Debbie , thank you so much for watching, I am glad you enjoyed it! My personal preference is to work at a range where the legs actively draw towards one another as it helps to keep the lower back from arching excessively. It may limit the extension, and can be achieved with the legs open as well... and there are plenty of reasons to chose an open leg position for some bodies, so in short: there is no right or wrong! Same is true for parallel vs. turnout, though a little known fact is that originally the work was done mostly in parallel. Hope this helps!
1 person likes this.
Love, love the way you teach!!! And of course all of these delicious moves...looking forward to trying out your reverse push through variation!
1 person likes this.
Thank you! I love the short tutorial videos. I always pick up different queuing options and as a busy instructor I use it for a little personal timeout :)
1 person likes this.
Thank you SO much! I LOVE these tutorials❤️
1 person likes this.
EXCELLENT!!!! LOVE YOUR STYLE :)))
1 person likes this.
Such a pleasure to watch you teach! Thank you for sharing thoughtful nuances for each of these exercises.
1 person likes this.
I need this! Particularly the swan... thank you
1 person likes this.
Thank you, your video was clear and easy to learn and to remember.
Amazing visual cues!
1-10 of 14

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin