34 Mat Exercises<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Workshop 3411

34 Mat Exercises
Benjamin Degenhardt
Workshop 3411

Watch this Workshop
2 people like this.
Thank you, I loved it!
2 people like this.
Thank you so much Benjamin for your time and generosity! This was wonderful and very thought provoking. Many Aha! moments. Will be my go - to vehicle for the mat work. Always love learning from you.
3 people like this.
Amazing! Joe would have been so proud of you Benjamin. You are the most incredible teacher and presenter. I learned heaps from this workshop.
And Meredith, you are an inspiration to watch. Bloody well done on doing all of that so brilliantly.
Pilates Love to you both 💖
2 people like this.
Thank you Benjamin and Meredith really enjoying this😍
3 people like this.
This is just so f**king brilliant!! Thank you Benjamin Degenhardt!!!
4 people like this.
Thank you so much for this outstanding workshop. Such generous sharing of your immense knowledge Benjamin, and Meredith, so beautifully demonstrated. Thanks PA!
2 people like this.
I do have a question re cuing breath patterns: is there a “traditional” or “classical” breathing pattern for each movement?(I notice that you don’t cue too much specific breathing)
Benjamin Degenhardt
Wow, thank you everyone for the outpouring of enthusiasm for this workshop. I am so immensely grateful to Pilates Anytime for letting me share this with you, and I am beyond thrilled to hear that you find it useful!
Benjamin Degenhardt
Gina Easson - granted that I can only make broad suggestions from afar, in my work with students with hyper-lordosis I typically replace exercises like Roll Up and Neck Pull with movements supported by the apparatus (like a footstrap, the Roll Back or Push Through Bar etc.) or, like I demonstrate for the rocking exercises here, simply work on the transitional movements into and out of the working position (rather than rolling). This would be a great follow-up chapter to the workshop to showcase in the future, thanks for asking!
Benjamin Degenhardt
Beverly - you are correct, I am not particularly specific about choreographed breathing and to the best of my knowledge, neither was Joseph Pilates. It's true that he outlines breathing for every exercise in his original book, but according to those who studied with him it wasn't nearly as strict as many like to believe. With the exception of Double Leg Stretch, Spine Stretch, Saw, Spine Twist - exercises that use the movement to promote a deeper exhale - it is more important THAT you breathe than WHEN you breathe. Thanks for asking, hope this helps!
21-30 of 110

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin