Mixed Equipment Basics<br>Meredith Rogers<br>Class 3517

Mixed Equipment Basics
Meredith Rogers
Class 3517

Watch this Class
Thanks Kathleen!
Maxine C
1 person likes this.
Awesome one on one.. I’m learning so much from you! Thank you for your expertise
Thank YOU Maxine!
2 people like this.
Just the class I needed to get back to my practice after a prolonged sickness. I did miss a few of the spring settings, that would be helpful, but I just went with what I use at my home studio. Thank you for the helpful cues!
Great to hear Emily!
Sorry about the spring setting . Will keep that in mind for next time.
Glad you were able to work it out!
1 person likes this.
Hi Meredith, I really loved this class (as a teacher trainer it was so useful to watch you teach a beginner and see how differently you cue things with her). I just have one question.- when she was doing her back extension at the end, you cued her to think of her two sides of the rib cage changing places... I didn’t quite understand it but feel like it is probably a great cue. Could you elaborate for me? Thanks so much in advance. X
Hi Daisy,
I'm glad you found this class helpful for you.  The cue I was using works really well as a tactile cue.  I put one had on the sternum and gently guide it forward and one hand on the back of the ribcage and gently press down.  The idea is that as the breastbone or the front ribs go forward, it leaves space for the back ribs to drop down in response.  This helps to facilitate thoracic extension especially for those who are new to it.  Hope that helps!
That was great! As someone who has just started teaching reformer classes, I find this super helpful.  Your cues and tactile cueing are awesome. :)
Tasha thanks so much!  I find that simply trying to describe what it feels like in my own body is most helpful when cueing.
Michael Mary S
Meredith, your explanations and cueing is so good.  This was  a great example of a class for a new student.  I would just love one+ class with you!  
11-20 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin