Restorative Foam Roller<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 3701

Restorative Foam Roller
Amy Havens
Class 3701

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Thank-you Amy, I love this! I can’t believe I’ve not seen it before now, but I discovered it at just the right time, just the tonic I needed 🙏🏼
I love that this class was a good 'tonic' for you Tessa , thank you for moving with me
1 person likes this.
That was delicious and perfect. Exactly what I needed today. Thank you Amy!
1 person likes this.
Returned to this after a too-long day of sitting and standing and it was wonderful! Normally I would have just fallen into bed, but somehow I knew doing this first is better for my body. Making a resolution to integrate movement like this and follow my body where it wants to go. Some days aren't for hard work. Thanks, Amy!
1 person likes this.
Julia R , this comment warms my heart on so many levels.  Thank you!  If I can help anyone connect deeper to themselves, prioritize movement when movement really matters, then I'm doing my 'job'.  Grateful to you for moving along with me.!
Liz
Liz
1 person likes this.
I loved this class the first time I did it, but wow did I need it after this exceptional week in the world!  It's a class to keep coming back to, thanks Amy.  One question  that I've been meaning to ask - as a relatively new teacher I still rely a lot on my class prep notes, which have not just the exercises, but phrases / cues to use, as I get bored of saying the same things the same way over and over.   I'd like to learn how to rely on them less, the way you guys seem to, as I think that would allow for a more relaxed and natural flow - I feel like I need my notes as a crutch so that I don't forget anything, sieve-head that I am, but after a while a crutch can hinder rather than help.  If you had any tips on how to do that,  I'd be so grateful
Lisa K
1 person likes this.
Oh my goodness. Post coronavirus freedom. Thanks so much. My back feel amazing
1 person likes this.
Hi Liz  -- thank you!  My main comment/feedback for you is ... patience.  Many of the teachers on this site have at least 10 years experience, many of us closer to 20 and onward.  Relying on notes is just fine.... use them!  You'll start to find your own flow, your own voice, your own in the work.  Practicing our practice is really key, self cuing while doing self practice etc.  After awhile, all that 'self talk' will become out loud to your students and it will be from your experience.  It's a wonderful evolution!
Thank you Lisa ... I just might do this session again too.  My body could use it!
Liz
Liz
1 person likes this.
That's really helpful Amy, thanks for sharing.  I will try the "self-talk" too, as I haven't done that, but can imagine that would really help.
51-60 of 113

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin