Fascia-Focused Mat<br>Elizabeth Larkam<br>Class 4014

Fascia-Focused Mat
Elizabeth Larkam
Class 4014

Watch this Class
Ferlynn S
1 person likes this.
Enjoyed the class overall. Would be better if explanations were given on why those movements help with fascia? And what fascia chain/slings are the movement targeting? 
1 person likes this.
Thanks; loved (?) the routine with torso supine along the roller, ring held supporting head, a  leg crossed over, rolled up to C-spine and turned side to side--grounded foot placement is key!
Ferlynn, I appreciate your recommendation.  Pilates Anytime Workshops give more explanations of the type you are seeking. In Workshop 2258 Tom Myers and I collaborate on 'Fascia-focused Pilates'. My book, 'Fascia in Motion' (Handspring 2017) offers the most thorough explanation of fascia-focused movement in Pilates.  
Don, absolutely agree with you  that the ground force of the floor foot is essential for balance on the roller. Specifically, abduct the supporting leg and internally rotate the tibia, then press the sole of the first toe into the floor. More variations of the move you love (?!?) in my class #2508.
1 person likes this.
 Wow that was some fun.  I will practise this more though as I agree that everything is unusual until you practise it.  I love the visual variations too- thank you so much Elizabeth. 
1 person likes this.
Thanks again Elizabeth;  just participated in your # 2508--really great centering/balancing routines with the backdrop of your soothing verbal direction.
1 person likes this.
Elizabeth, thank you for such an incredible class.  I'm so glad I came upon it and just at the right time too!  
I have a roller but never used it before. I think the class should be called, "So you think you have good balance".   I  agree with Robin & Michelle..relaxing but challenging.. small, but tricky movements.. and you made it look easy... Thank You Elizabeth:)  
Gary, welcome to Pilates Anytime. I'm delighted that my class introduced you to your unused roller.  Now that you two have met, you'll find many wonderful roller classes on PA, including more from me. Enjoy!
1 person likes this.
Really enjoyed the variety of that class and the anatomy! 
31-40 of 60

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin