Postnatal Healing Mat<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 405

Postnatal Healing Mat
Leah Stewart
Class 405

Watch this Class
Hi Leah, I'm a pilates instructor and had a c-section. I'm healing nicely and would like to start pilates. I've begun contraction, pelvic floor exploration, small bridges and marching. Do you have any recommendations for those of us that had a c-section. p.s. i did take your pre/postnatal training here.
Monica,

My apologies for my late response. You definitely have the right idea as far as getting started. Nice and slow is a major motto for postpartum women, but in some ways more so for those that have had a Caesarean birth. As a very general recommendation, I always suggest that woman that have had a Caesarean birth begin certain exercises a 2 - 3 weeks after the "suggested" time. What I mean is, give yourself some extra space to ease your healing body back into everything. Pelvic stabilization exercises are great - heel slides are great as well. Deep breathing is so important, stimulate the blood flow for better healing. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks Leah! I took you pre/post workshop but it's tough for c-section. I've been gentle and some things still ache later in the day.
Monica,

It is challenging for women that have had a Caesarean birth, not only are they healing from the effects of pregnancy, they are healing from major abdominal surgery. All of the post-natal exercises are beneficial and helpful for women that have had a Caesarean, and like I said earlier, it will simply take a bit longer to incorporate the exercises as the healing process is different and the body will respond in a different way.
Wow that was a good work out! It's amazing how challenging simple moves are just 8 weeks post partum....but a great challenge!
Maryam
I had a student. She had C-section 9 weeks ago. this routine was very helpful.
Thank you Leah:*
You're welcome, Mary! This is an oldie but a goodie class. I'm so glad you found it deep in the postnatal class archives, and that you were able to successfully use some of the rep for your student. All the best to you!
Hi Leah Stewart , great video thank you. I've had a search through the website and was wondering if you could point me in the direction of some videos that are not only orientated to pelvic floor but also rectifying abdominal separation following pregnancy. I'm not sure if any core work is good or if I should focus on reconnecting the gap first. Thanks in advance.
iOS
iOS
Hi. I am 8 weeks post partum, had c-section and have diastasis. I’m wondering if the planks and oblique exercises are safe for this? Thanks!
Joanna G
Are planks allowed in early postpartum ? I was thought no planks, side planks, crunches, jumps for 16 weeks postpartum? 
21-30 of 31

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin