Strength Training Concepts<br>Sherri Betz<br>Class 4167

Strength Training Concepts
Sherri Betz
Class 4167

Watch this Class
Sherri I watched this live with you last summer and have used it so much. I also went into to your class about 6 years ago too with more info on the knees all so helpful. My question is on the stride. Quite a few people have protested to the 36 inch stride saying it’s too long! Also I was out fast walking just now and the lady I was training with suggests a shorter stride? I’d be interested in more info here if you can advise! Thank you! 
Sherri Betz
Jenny N thank you for the positive feedback!  Try this:  walk as fast as you can on the beach and then measure the distance from toe to toe from your impression in the sand.  Now,  try kneeling with front shin vertical and back thigh perfectly vertical and then stand up- measure the distance from toe to toe.  People often have to shorten their stride length due to decreased anterior hip mobility.  So of course, adjustments might need to be made if hip mobility is an issue.
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much!  This really reinforces good practices I've learned while filling in information gaps about the underlying reasoning.  Just chocked full of great tips for me (age 69) and my students (all 65+).  Thanks so much, Sherri.  I love your tutorials and classes!  I always learn so much!
Sherri Betz
Cynthia E Thank you for the positive feedback!  I appreciate your taking the time to let us know what you like!
Maria P
Extremely useful information for everyone-I do not think anyone ever explained to me so well what is the proper way to lift a box and how wide of a stride I have to do.  And now that I know where the "fountain of youth" is, I can live somewhat easier ha-ha-ha. Thank you!!!
Sherri Betz
Maria P thank you so much for your feedback!  Enjoy getting strong!
1 person likes this.
Sheri Betz, you are the best! I am watching and doing your classes. I am 75 and still teaching Pilates and Gyrotonic.  My clients are all in their 60s, 70s, and 80s. Your program is terrific. Also, thanks for the notes or "cheat sheet" as you call it. It's been so helpful.
Sherri Betz
Patty S thank you for the positive feedback!  I am so glad that you are helping those 60-80 year old clients stay strong!!  
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for taking the time to make this video! I learned so much. I’ve been practising myself, and didn’t find any of these exercises easy (I am 45). Especially the lunge is a bit painful for my knee, but I will keep on practising. I have a 75 year old client, his toes are numb, and he cannot do a heel raise properly. Do you think putting on some shoes might help him?
Sherri Betz
Esin Parker yes, putting on shoes will help to support the foot and is good for folks who have stiffness in the MTP joints.  
41-50 of 52

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin