Unilateral Progression<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 4444

Unilateral Progression
Amy Havens
Class 4444

Watch this Class
Thanks so much Amy - really enjoyed this. Came across it before the first in the series so will go back to that one! Great explorations for my clients (and me)! In seated foot work I tend to get clients to focus on core engagement that results from the hamstrings engaging (on the 'push down') so I perhaps think about exhaling on that part (the opposite to what you suggest). Do you think that matters? Sarahx
Hi Sarah Edwards at Positive Pilates Solihull , thank you and happy to hear you enjoyed this class and the others in the series too.  I think both focuses are good -- the push down as well as the pull up.  Mr. Pilates wanted us to 'exhale fully' and in the chair work, the exhale being when the pedal goes up, there is quite a bit of power in that.  Give that a try and let me know you feel with it!
Thanks Amy - I've been trying it this way, and with clients too, and it certainly gives a different focus. Always good to try and mix things up! Hope you're doing well:)
1 person likes this.
Intuitively I also tend to exhale on the extension of pushing the pedal down as Sarah Edwards mentions.  Lucky me to have your classes to teach me the good Wunda chair habits right from the very start of my first day as a chair owner. 
Yes Sarah Edwards at Positive Pilates Solihull , always good to mix things up!  Joni N keep playing.   I think either breath patterns works, both serve different purposes and offer specific challenges!  I don't think there is one 'right' way to do this!
Kelly T
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much Amy!!! I appreciate your clear step by step instructions !!! Your pace allows me to get where I need to be before starting the repetitions! I feel so good afterwards!!! I appreciate the awareness to my breathing that you focus on!! All in all a fabulous class!!
Candace
Yeah! Loved it!
Thanks Amy!
21-28 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin