Osteoporosis Assessment<br>Sherri Betz<br>Tutorial 4937

Osteoporosis Assessment
Sherri Betz
Tutorial 4937

Watch this Tutorial
2 people like this.
Very informative and clear.  Thank you for this and giving examples of how we can further help our clients using the Pilates Method, simple exercises and research information.  Empowering!  
1 person likes this.
Excellent! I look forward to watching the next session. Thank you for sharing your knowledge 🙏
Ewa
1 person likes this.
Thank You so much for shareing
Great information.  Thank you.  I did not quite get the math. You said that5.2 divided by 36 and multiplied by 100?  Could you please clarify for us?

Sherri Betz
1 person likes this.
Midori M your math is correct:  The calculation for Kyphotic Index is Thoracic Width/Thoracic Length x 100.  
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much Sherri, I can use these technique to help my mum too !
First of all, please thank your mom for being brave enough to allow you to use her to demonstrate. It is SO much better seeing exercises or tests relating to the senior population on seniors. Secondly, thank you for taking the time to break all this down for us in such a clear way. I have 2 classes of active agers I teach each week and I value these exercises and the information you share more than you know!
1 person likes this.
I bought a ruler and graph paper and am beginning to practice finding C7 and L5 on my family and friends before trying this on Pilates clients. I have a question - I have several clients who have scoliosis as well as kyphotic posture and am wondering what adjustments need to be made, if any when measuring them since their spine is curved vertically and horizontally?
Sherri Betz
Hi Christine H,  great question!  The flexicurve technique is not great for scoliosis since the flexible ruler is only flexible in one direction.  Using occiput to wall distance and rib to pelvis distance would be best for a client with scoliosis.  
Sherri Betz
Christine H thank you so much for your positive feedback!
1-10 of 17

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin