Pilates At Your Desk<br>Layla Khashoggi<br>Class 496

Pilates At Your Desk
Layla Khashoggi
Class 496

Watch this Class
Ted Johnson
How about Pilates at the gym? I'm serious, like at a gym with weight training machines and no Pilates equipment. How can I use some of those machines, benches and weights to do Pilates?
Ted- I'll give this some thought, but my gym days are not too frequent.... used to lift a fair amount, but Pilates rendered that unnecessary for me. To be perfectly honest, in my opinion, the Pilates equipment allows more accessibility to many of the exercises. Some of the most challenging work in the repertoire is on the mat. The gym is the perfect place to use Pilates Anytime Mobile on your phone, hook up a set of head phones, grab a mat at the gym and do a great mat workout.
Ted Johnson
1 person likes this.
The average person with a gym membership can not afford to take a class at a Pilates studio and thus would never have a chance to use a reformer or any of the other equipment. What I was wondering is could some of the equipment you commonly find in a gym stand in for any of the Pilates equipment? Like is there a way to take a Freemotion cable machine and simulate some Reformer exercises on it? I have no idea what the answer is, I was just interested in the idea.
For Ted...I agree...in Brooke Siler's book, she includes a chapter of the Pilates focus for each piece of equipment at a gym. It would be interesting to see the rowing series on the rowing machine. Cheers
Nice tip, Jennifer. I will check Brooke's book, too. If the PA camera can film in a gym somewhere, could be fun and creative
what a fantastic class!!!!! thankyou !! Diana Holyoak
excellent!
Great ideas. I really liked the 2 standing disc exercises at the end.
Wow, I loved this, my clients will too! Thanks PA, all the way from the UK.... :)
So glad you discovered this... this was filmed 18 months ago but is always relevant! I continue to hope that people confined to a desk for hours a day can look around and realize that they don't need to "go to Pilates", but that Pilates can come to them
11-20 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin