Mat Fundamentals<br>Zayna Gold<br>Class 591

Mat Fundamentals
Zayna Gold
Class 591

Watch this Class
Love the flow of this class. It was nice to see the concentration and quality of form on each exercise. Well done!
Thank you Vicki. I am off to teach Mat One-so exciting to be educating a new group of instructors to inspire us all. Concentrating on proper form is one of my favorite aspects of Pilates-very Zen and relaxing.
What a wonderful fundamental video with such concise cues. I can't tell you how many times I've watched this video. Thank you SO much, Zayna!
Thank you Nicole! So glad we all have PA so you can work out with me at home!
Thanks Zayna! This will help my older clients stay safe and still feel challenged. Would you consider adding standing pilates to work on balance?
Hi Rachel, I think older clients definitely benefit from standing Pilates like my Cardio Pilates video #593. Here are some ideas on how to modify for an older, less conditioned clients: The "squats" I do use pelvic floor cueing that rehab the SI joint and release back strain. Use my cues but go slowly focusing on balance and core connection. To emphasize balance have your clients be aware of distributing weight equally between big toe and little toe. For older clients and balance standing exercises have them hold onto a support because you don't want them to grip toes, knees, buttocks, etc. in order to feel safe. Please feel free to email me any other questions at zayna@bostonbody.com. I have alot of standing balance work I do with various populations that is effective, fun and safe. Let me know if you get some good ideas from #593 and I will help you with modification ideas!
Both of Zayna's videos have been extremely insightful, educational and challenging. I've been using these videos daily to help me really understand the basics of pilates so I can apply these fundamentals in my own classes. Thank you Zayna!
1 person likes this.
Keep up the good work Marion! It is so inspiring for us to be able to share our ideas through Pilates Anytime! The more we focus on the basics of good verbal cues and proper form the better we can help our clients. Take Care!
Zayna I throughly enjoyed this wonderful workout! I am fortunate enough to teach many levels of classes - however only one is a Level 1 class - that I enjoy among my favorites. Your instruction is spot on and I will incorporate "your style" in my class today!! Also congrats on being the top winner in the PA competition!! well deserved.
thank you mary! i love how you say "fortunate" enough to teach different levels. i feel the same way about running our balanced body host site because i am fortunate to train trainers. it really has made me refine my cues because i try to teach teachers user friendly cues that can work with every single client even if the client has never done pilates before. i really appreciate your feedback and thank you for the congrats!! i love being on PA so i can connect with instructors like you!!
31-40 of 60

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin