Spine Corrector Articulation<br>Meredith Rogers<br>Class 622

Spine Corrector Articulation
Meredith Rogers
Class 622

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
I was just gifted a small barrel and I am already obsessed with it! I never used it much in the studio setting, but now that I am working on my own I don't get as much opportunity to work with equipment so I'm thrilled to have it and discover how much it has to offer. I have questions for you!
First- if using the small barrel as opposed to the spine correcter is it harder to get that amount of back extension or is my thoracic back much weaker than I realized?
Second- because the lower spine stays neutral against the curve and is supported, are the chest lifts and roll ups suitable for someone with a history of lumbar herniation?
Looking back through my training manual, it really doesn't offer much insight into this piece of equipment. Thanks for any thoughts- I really appreciate it. Love your work!
Thank you for your feedback!!
Susie,
As small barrels are often shaped differently it is hard to know exactly what you are experiencing in your back. In general, the small barrel will have a similar curve or a slightly longer curve. Possibly, there are areas of tightness in your back that correspond to the angle of your barrel.
Secondly, chest lifts should be ok as they are supported in both extension and neutral. That being said, working with lumbar herniation is not always a simple situation. I would check with the persons (or your) physical therapist or doctor to make sure that you are not doing anything that is contraindicated for that individual.
Thank you for taking class with me and for your comments. I hope that I have been helpful.
Meredith
1 person likes this.
Thanks Meredith!
1 person likes this.
Loved the workout, and I've watched some of your others, too. Sometimes it's a bit distracting that you seem to look out of the window a lot. I know that train comes through, but it just looks as if you're a bit distracted!
Thanks Karen...sorry about my distraction.
One of the things I think is so amazing about this workout is how Meredith has designed it so the Spine Corrector supports work that you might be having difficulty with in regular Matwork (hello, Side Kicks and Rollover ) … and then you’re better at it when you do it on the Mat again , because your weaknesses aren’t throwing off your alignment.

Not to say there’s any “phoning it in” in this workout, though. LOL!

Also love the precision in the instructions … you know exactly where you’re supposed to be in space. And the hip flexor stretches are *so much less awkward* than the ones my PT gave me, LOL. Thank you, Meredith!
11-17 of 17

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin