Beginner Mat Breakdown 3<br>Monica Wilson<br>Tutorial 807

Beginner Mat Breakdown 3
Monica Wilson
Tutorial 807

Watch this Tutorial
Hi Monica. Great instruction again! How do you cue people to disengage the hip flexors when pulling the knee in for single leg stretch? Is there anyway as an instructor to check when someone does? Thank you. Maria
Every one of these videos involves nothing but talking and instructions. 70% of this video was the teacher chattering on and on.... Ironically, at the beginning of this video - the teacher is telling the student NOT to take breaks during Pilates or the benefits are lost! Shouldn't that apply to incessant chatter from the teachers?! Can someone PLEASE direct me to the videos that are consistently work-outs instead of the instructor appealing to the first time student and being 70% explanations? I NEED A WORK OUT!!! Which means limited talking/more movement!
Hi Dawn, Thank you for your feedback.
This particular group of exercises is part of a series intended to explain the detail of the exercises you often don't get in the flow of another class. This precisely the opposite of what you were looking for, though we also know it is valuable to many of our members who need a little more direction on exercises in classes when the class format does not allow time for it. We do our best to describe the class so you know what to expect from the class prior to pressing play.
Monica Wilson
Hi Maria, to start with I cue my client to bring their knee into the chest using or initiating from their powerhouse. I also look at the angle of the foot and the knee and I make sure that the foot is no lower than the knee when pulling the knee towards the chest. When the foot is lower it tends to arch the lower back and activate the hip flexor muscles. Hope that helps:)
Monica Wilson
Hi Dawn, I would be frustrated too if I thought this was going be an awesome flowing workout. As you noticed, this is a tutorial but hopefully these are more what your looking for:
461, 917, 664, 532, 979, 955. Have fun!!!
Monica and Kirsty I don't know what others say but you have taken my Pilates instruction to the next level with your tutorials. You are doing an amazing job. I wish Monica was my mentor! Thank you for everything and keep them coming
Monica Wilson
Thank you Maria!!! Always love hearing any feedback but positive is even better!
Yes, I think class should be renamed to describe content more accurately. Also quality of video was not that good for me and stopped a lot.
Paula ~ Thank you for your feedback. I have changed this class to a tutorial so it more accurately describes what is in this video. I'm sorry you had trouble with the video stopping. I recommend trying a lower video quality. Here is an FAQ on how to switch to our alternate video player. I hope it helps!
This is a wonderful tutorial and breakdown of these exercises. As a student who is just starting out, I am always interested in correct form and watching Kristi move with Monica's direction helps me see what it should look like. Thank you!
11-20 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin