Beginner Mat Breakdown 7<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 881

Beginner Mat Breakdown 7
Monica Wilson
Class 881

Watch this Class
Monica Wilson
(Cont'd)...Pair that with natural breathing (breathing to stay alive:) and fluidity and you have a beautiful side kick series! In short, the upper body is allowed to move as Kristi's did, but should remain under control and offering opposition for the legs to be allowed to lengthen and move freely. For my beginner clients and those who need more stability, I change the angle of the legs. If they were intermediate I would have them lie on their side in a straight line and then move their legs forward to a 45 degree angle. If they are beginner or need more stability I have them place their legs at more of a 60 degree angle. And if they are advanced I place their legs closer to a 30 degree angle. Hope this is helpful and somewhat makes sense. Please let me know if I can clarify. It might only make sense in my head. Hah!
Monica I just so love your mat break downs. I'm taking as much of your amazing knowledge as I can into my own practise and teaching. Both clients and myself are loving it! When are you coming to NZ?! PS I love all your classes not just the breakdowns! :-}
11-12 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin