Fletcher Barre Work™<br>Jenna Zaffino<br>Class 901

Fletcher Barre Work™
Jenna Zaffino
Class 901

Watch this Class
Jenna Zaffino
Thanks Corinne and Anne-Marie! I"m about to teach a barre warm up right now! Love all of the comments!
\
2 people like this.
I love the "Martha graham series"; lovely barre class! Hope to see more pilates based, well designed barre classes like this on Pilatesanytime.
2 people like this.
Is there any way to soften the heavy breathing that's in this video? I stopped, even though I was enjoying the class, because the panting was sooo loud!
Jenna Zaffino
Hi Kecpotter, I'm so glad you mentioned the use of Percussive Breathing™ Technique in this class as I've been curious to see how it is being received. For those unfamiliar with Ron Fletcher's work, the breath can seem jarring and loud at times - especially when my face was closer to the microphone (SORRY!) In fact, upon my first visit to a Fletcher Pilates® studio, I was taken aback by the use of very audible breath and wasn't quite sure it was for me. Personally, through studying this specific technique, I found that the breath was the definitive tool in facilitating movement and strength in my own body and later found that to be true with my clients, which is why I choose to teach it today. Additionally, it does give a great cuing tool to keep the class on pace and together during more rhythmic movements. See next post....
Jenna Zaffino
Cont....Ron said "The breath has a rhythm and a sound and is the drummer (behind the movement)" All of that said, we each have our preferences for movement, Pilates and even teaching breath. I'd be curious to hear more from the forum about the teaching of breath, audible or not, within the Pilates class. Additionally, I'm also quite willing to begin a conversation about the use of breath in Pilates for students. Thank you again Kecpotter - I think this is a great topic!
HI Jenna, what type of ballet barre are you using?
Yikes! I don't even know what ballet barre we're using and I'm the one that got them. Actually, I borrowed them from Amy Havens, so I'll ask her. They were adjustable in height... that's about all I know now, but either Amy or I will get back with you asap.
Hi everyone.....these portable ballet barres are from Alvas. I'd ordered them online a few years ago. They are adjustable and fairly sturdy.
1 person likes this.
Great cues and wonderful choreography. Love the way the breathing enhances the movement.
2 people like this.
Hey Jenna - thanks for an awesome class. I'm improvising using a clothes drying horse as my barre!! I look forward to the next online class. I found the use of breath, and changing it with the change and fluidity of movement really good. It's awesome to experience pilates in a different style and form. Thank you, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
11-20 of 44

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin