Assessment for Scoliosis<br>Madeline Black<br>Tutorial 1125

Assessment for Scoliosis
Madeline Black
Tutorial 1125

Watch this Tutorial
2 people like this.
This was really informative! I've been studying Karena Thek's book on scoliosis but still struggling to understand it all! Thank you!
Madeline has the best workshops and her cues so good. Keep workshops coming.
If towels aren't conducive to your class flow, would a good alternative be to ask the client to scoop more into the side that has the ribs jutting out when supine?
1 person likes this.
hola me gustaria recibir los tutoriales en espaƱol si es posible gracias.
HI Madeline
I love your explanation and technique for scoliosis , I have a client with a right thoracic curve, and a vary little letf lumbar curve, I been working with her 3 time now in alignement of her spine while doing her pilates exercise. she has the shoulder really winging out and want to try to decrease the wiging so she can have a nice back in her wedding in the summer, this is the first time i am working with a shoulder that wing that must do you have any advice for me?
thank Carole
2 people like this.
What an important piece of information. I really appreciate it. Thank you!
I wonder why she doesn't credit the Schroth Method? This is all taken from Schroth and she hasn't credited that method in her classes, nor on the photos used in her workshop.
Madeline Black
Hi Shila, thank you for your comment. My references are in the bibliography. I certainly reference Schroth there. This workshop is not the Schroth Method. I use movement assessment skills, such as the hip drop to see and identify the curves. And movement to balance the body toward the center.
3 people like this.
Thank you so much for your reply! Forgive me for not seeing the bibliography. I've been trying to put Schroth and Pilates together for almost two years now, then someone recommended I watch your videos. I wish I lived near you to wrack your brain! It's amazing that so many scoliosis cases are unique in a lot of ways.Thank you for making your work accessible to more folks through Pilates Anytime
Madeline, Thank you very much for your good explanation!
1-10 of 20

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin