Restorative Mat<br>Ruth Alpert<br>Class 1719

Restorative Mat
Ruth Alpert
Class 1719

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
My new foam roller was just delivered 2 hours ago and is now beautifully christened with this class. Really enjoyed - Thanks!
Thanks Paula! May you have many easeful times to come on it!
Candace
1 person likes this.
Ruth,what did I do after doing the hundreds, I smiled! First time! l could feel the difference in my lumber after the early arm series... loved the class. I had the dregs of jet lag (20 hour plane ride) and this helped me turn the corner...thank you...
Wonderful Candace!
1 person likes this.
I really love love love this class, thanks!
Thank you Wendy
Alexandra L
1 person likes this.
Number 1, I love the vision and cues through the eyes of jokes, cartoons etc. This is a world I also love, and it was a joy to laugh and foam roll with you, Ruth, an expert extraordinaire. Many thanks!
Thank you Alexandra! You're welcome!
1 person likes this.
Thank you Ruth Alpert for this! It's great that thereā€˜s teachers with a background in all this bodywork stuff and it is insipiring to see how it can be integrated in Pilates. I try that in my own teaching but still have a lot to learn. Years agoI did Klein, Feldenkrais, also some BMC (which i am coming back to a bit) and ongoing in the last 15 years Contact Improvisation (which i also teach). I just did my Pilates mat certification 2 years ago, currently training for the studio certification, and while i really came to also like that muscly work, I find it so important to keep the work grounded in perception and first releasing what you DON'T need. Being confronted with people's wish to have a "serious workout" (no pain, no gain, right?) sometimes still gets me into a dilemma To find someone with such a playful approach that includes so much of my own body memory really makes me happy would be lovely to take a class with you in person some day...
1 person likes this.
Wow, Jenny, it's so great to hear that you've done Susan Klein's work and BMC and Feldenkrais.... we're of the same tribe! Especially Susan't work, as it's so obscure.... Yes, I totally get the dilemna you refer to; if you up the rhythm and pace, but keep the same focus and depth, sometimes that can handle the situation. I hope to meet you one day (and I also travel to teach, so if you want to bring me in to where you are let me know).
101-110 of 117

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin