Sacroiliac Dysfunction <br>Sherri Betz<br>Tutorial 2037

Sacroiliac Dysfunction
Sherri Betz
Tutorial 2037

Watch this Tutorial
Sherri Betz
Hi Trudie You are EXACTLY the type of person this technique/tutorial was developed for. I cannot say for certain that your pain is generated by your SI joint without an onsite evaluation to see what triggers the pain. And I agree, there needs to be a segue between the 90/90 and legs extended. I would definitely recommend a consultation with a PT to evaluate your pelvic stability. The way I test abdominal strength is by looking at the spine, pelvis and abdominal wall in neutral with feet and head down and then lift one leg to table top, then the 2nd leg, then extend one leg to 45 degrees, then lower that leg to parallel to the floor without ANY change in the spine, pelvis or abdominal wall, then add the 2nd leg in the same way. When you see a change in the pelvis, spine or abdominal wall then back up and perform your reps there to gain strength and control with 15-20 reps and then progress as you master the control at each position WITHOUT pain.
1 person likes this.
Wow, Sherri, thank you so so much!!
1 person likes this.
you are really such a good teacher, who knows so much and knows how to explain and cue it! You are really my favorite here and also use a lot in my lessons. And last but not least you really see and here your patient/client and are very friendly!
Sherri Betz
Trudie after rereading your post, I think it might be good to rule out a spondylolisthesis (slipping forward of one vertebra on another). You would need to get an Xray to confirm.
1 person likes this.
So happy to see a tutorial didicated to my specific issue!! Just want to make sure I’m clear on one thing - if my pain is on my right S.I. Joint then I do the maneuver with my left leg over the stick and right leg under?
1 person likes this.
I just read Trudie Dyer’s comment and her story is almost exactly the same as mine! I’m finding Michael king’s class 1354 to be strengthening without causing me more pain. I’m seeing an osteopath next week to get more insight. When I do the leg over stick maneuver I can hear and feel and slight clicking - just hope I’m doing the right side.
Sherri Betz
Kim please get a physical therapist to evaluate your pelvis so that you are performing the exercise correctly for your pelvic position. So glad you enjoyed the tutorial and are getting help for your pelvic pain!
1 person likes this.
Many thanks for such wonderful information. Please could you clarify the exercise with the stick. This seems a good exercise for scoliosis. Look forward to understanding more.
1 person likes this.
Sherry, thanks so much for sharing. I fell last fall on my hip and have had SI joint issues ever since with relief just briefly from a chiropractic adjustment. I had looked for stretches and exercises and knew it was possible that my pelvis was tilted but couldn't tell which way...in any case I tried the 3 'resets' and found that when I did the opposite of Amy with the dowel I had great relief (even though my pain/issue is on the left side too, my tilt must be different). I did it 3 days in a row and have had such ease of movement, the muscle tension caused by being so unaligned is gone. Now I'm aware of the connective tissue within the pelvis and am happy I have a way to maintain it. SO GRATEFUL for your video as I can check myself before things become too painful or out of control.
1 person likes this.
thank you thank you thank you!!! my pelvis is hypermobile and I have a compromised core and so my SI joints take turns misbehaving.
I'm going to do this (broom)stick, strap(belt), and block(foam roller) trick before my morning walks for a week and see if I can get this dog housebroken. I have the same complaints as Amy. I couldn't slide to my left in bridge- there was a block. and after the "magic SI three" the block went away.
and thank you for answering a question I've had. If one has a rotated pelvis, should they do Pilates to bring it back to center? Not until you do some isometrics to bring it back to center first. Then once in center- STRENGTHEN with Pilates.
perfect!
131-140 of 163

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin