Fascia-Focused Pilates<br>Elizabeth L. & Tom M.<br>Workshop 2258

Fascia-Focused Pilates
Elizabeth L. & Tom M.
Workshop 2258

Watch this Workshop
Mia, solutions must support the limited area, whether it be hip, knee, or spine. Consider decreasing stress on the hips, knees and spine by sitting on an Oov or the step of a Pilates Arc in a modified Z These will decrease the demand on medial hip glide, knee flexion and lumbar side bending. When you raise the pelvis you must also raise the foot bar so that the hand and shoulder girdle are in the right relationship.
Would be 'fair' to consider the standing spiral movement material as a study of the function of gate? I have been practicing with it for a few months now, both on its own and as part of one of Elizabeth's reformer classes, and it seems to relate to how we can bring growing effiency to our day to day walking. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
Masteneh, I recommend the book by James Earls, 'Born to Walk'. James applies Tom Myers' Anatomy Trains model to gait. The Spiral Line as well as all the myofascial meridians contribute to efficiency of gait. This information influences my Pilates movement sequences. Thank you for engaging with our workshop
Thank you! I've actually ordered this book and should have it in my hands next week! I'm expecting 'endless hours of entertainment' to be inspired by Mr. Earls's material.
Hi Tom,
In chapter four, when your are relating the functional story of elastic recoil, is the explanation regarding the efficient runners who maintain a lengthening in their muscles, also an example of what is referred to as an "eccentric contraction"?
Thank you both for such a rich workshop.
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for this! I am thinking of a few students and myself with these ideas in mind. Thank you for expanding my mind and in turn my body.
Anne, Thank You for appreciating this workshop. Fascia-focused/fascia-aware movement can benefit everyone.
Ganna G
1 person likes this.
Talking on the spiral line, Tom mentions that if you got imbalances, you'd rather work on the side that needs it. 1. Meaning, just unilateral work or proportionally more? 2. I have a huge imbalance in the spiral line, a long time sij issue. I actually can feel discomfort (pain) in the SL exactly in the "band" fashion, like on Toms illustrations, just like it's all one shrunk piece of fabric  (my RIGHT back leg, foot and ankle, sij, neck stiffness and tilt to the right, left ext. oblique, right int. oblique. So, taking Standing rotation exercises as example, is it left side I'm meant to position towards the springs? 
Ganna, thank you for engaging with our workshop. The Reformer standing exercises with Magic Circle are designed to be practiced on each side, integrating right and left Spiral Lines. Sequence for success in the following way: 1. Practice my Mat with Magic Circle (2018). 2. Practice my Biotensegrity Mat with 2 Magic Circles ;2019). 3. Place a long box on the carriage. Sit on a rotator disc on the box. Torn on the disc toward to Springs then turn toward the risers. 4. High kneeling on the carrage, no box, no disc.5. Stand on the carriage with left side to springs 6. Stand on carriage with right side to Springs. In all orientations include all 3 variations, facing the side of the Reformer, angled toward the risers, angled toward the footbar.
Let us know about your progress. Very best wishes 
1 person likes this.
I have been reading and re-reading my Anatomy Trains book now for 7 years but listening to Tom Myers really expanded my understanding of his material.  Elizabeth Larkin in a wealth of knowledge and demonstrated the exercises so perfectly.  My reformer is calling to me to try out all these Neurofascial and Muscular exercises.  I am so pleased to have this workshop to refer back to.  Thank you to you both.
21-30 of 35

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin