Shoulder & Pelvic Placement<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 2387

Shoulder & Pelvic Placement
Monica Wilson
Class 2387

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
I really enjoy these basic classes...every time I realized that I catch something new I have not noticed before...thank you so much...
Tamie F
New to Pilates/no injury/short/not overweight - the vertebrae between the top of my hips and the bottom of my ribs experience no curving movement.  It is difficult for me to make that area of my back lay flat against the mat.  There's always a bit of a tunnel right there when I  lay down. When I try to "roll like a ball," I definitely sound like a flat tire (ka-thump). Rolling one vertebrae at a time in that area does not happen.  I'm trying really hard to scoop in my belly and tilt my pelvis inward but could use some help to separate the vertebrae in my lower back so that I can curve it and experience the "one vertebrae at a time" thing.  What can I do to loosen that area? 
1 person likes this.
Hi Tamie, great observation and question! I would recommend practicing any version of these exercises that work for you: Half Roll Back, the Roll Up, Spine Stretch Forward, Saw, Cat/Cow, Pelvic curls/tilts and Bridge. I also recommend foam rolling around the area that's tight before and after working out to help open it up. I hope this helps!
Hanneké D
I really love the site, but hate the fact that you can't watch without the video pausing every 10sec. 

I even upgraded my wifi, but it's sill exactly the same. 

Please tell me there is a way to download video or something... 

This is really such a great site!
1 person likes this.
Hanneké ~ I'm sorry you are having trouble with the video player. There is an option to download videos on our app for iPhone and iPad. If you don't have one of these devices, I have switched you to a different video player in the hopes that it works better for you. If you continue to have trouble, please email us at support@pilatesanytime.com.
Wow Monica, I so enjoyed this class!  Your descriptions and explanations are spot on and really help to visualize the exercise.  Looking forward to doing the rest of your playlist.. Thanks so much.
Hanneké D
2 people like this.
Gia Calhoun thanks, it working perfectly now! 
1 person likes this.
Hey Gia,  Is there a chance to switch me to another video player as well?  I can only listen (and even then it doesn't work every time) to the audio versions of the classes..  Would be so great to get to see some of the classes but the internet times out.  Thanks so much, am so enjoying my time on this site!
1 person likes this.
Pauline ~ I just replied to your email and I switched your account as well. I hope this helps but please let us know if you continue to have trouble. 
Monica, I didn't realize that coming back to basic is going to be so good in my case. Feel so good in my lumbar spine. Thank you
31-40 of 56

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin