Back Care Essentials<br>Rael Isacowitz<br>Workshop 447

Back Care Essentials
Rael Isacowitz
Workshop 447

Watch this Workshop
Oh my gosh!!! How does Marta hold her feet and toes so stable through all these movements...... mine always pull up and I struggle...... amazing!
Christina F
I watch this workshop again and again. Rael, you were truly born a teacher and you inspire me every single day in my teaching and my practice. Where can I find the article you mention in the beginning of your lecture written by the 60 year old active woman? Happy Holidays and see you in February!
Thank you Christina for you very kind and generous words. I can only be the teacher I am due to students like you - the credit is all yours. Christina I cannot remember what research I cited in the workshop. I will need to go back and look at it. Keep in touch and bug me until I have provided you with this information.
Very informative!! Dynamic teacher!
I really like a lot! Very useful information and inspiring!
Thank you for this insightful workshop. I have a suggestion as to how to cue clients into their stabilizing muscles of the powerhouse and particularly the multifidus. It ties in with what Rael already said about just imagining the movement. It's about the balance between grounding and lengthening away from the point of anquoring/grounding. So for example in sitting. Feel your weight sink into the sit bones, the heaviness of the sit bones on the surface and then lift your spine up and away from that point in direct opposition to gravity. You will feel your transverse ab, multifidus, etc all kick in. Give it a try :)
Thank you Real for the informative and inspiring workshop! I completed my BASI training at La Playa Pilates in SB, so it was nice to see all the familiar faces, Sarah, Meredith, Kristin, and Colleen from the studio and my training courses!
Heather we are all part of the BASI family! I am pleased you enjoyed the workshop.
Rael, thank you for this workshop! I love how you always emphasize the principles and mindfulness (something I work constantly to integrate into the training of my students and my own practice) in a way that is inspiring and yet clearly giving "hooks" for practical application. I had a hip replacement 5 weeks ago and have suffered compensatory back pain both before and after surgery. Thankfully Pilates both prepared me for surgery and is helping me through recovery. This workshop has motivated me and given me ideas to focus on and encouragement.
Gratefully,
Karol Ritz
Dear Karol, I am sorry to hear about your hip replacement. Saying that, I know so many highly active people that have snapped back to 100%, and better, after hip replacements. I agree with you that often it is not the injury or surgery itself, but the compensatory patterns that become the main problem. I am so happy that you found my workshop helpful. I wish you a speedy recovery.
51-60 of 75

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin