Loving Kindess Meditation<br>Bobbee Kellner<br>Class 721

Loving Kindess Meditation
Bobbee Kellner
Class 721

Watch this Class
Pele
Um... just a question. Forgive me if I seem naive but meditation on a pilates website? I thought it's more yoga stuff... I didn't know pilates included seated meditation. Interesting.
"It would be a grave error to assume that even Contrology exercises alone will remake a man or a woman into an entirely physically fit person...proper diet and sufficient sleep must supplement our exercise...Another important factor in this connection is that of relaxation at stated fixed intervals throughout our workday wherever it is possible to do so, since this practice keeps us physically fit after we have obtained physical fitness." Joseph Pilates page 17 -18 Return to life
Pele ~ I don't know that Mr. Pilates speaks specifically about seated meditation as part of his program. We are also not stating that meditation of any kind is specifically a part of Pilates. What we aim to do with any of our content that is not an exercise class, is to offer content that supports the idea that "balance is between rest work and play." To our mind, the attempt to achieve this balance is the backbone (no pun intended) of the Pilates method ultimately. That said, we will try to be more clear in our presentation of meditation on this site so that people understand that is only offered as an option to those who have difficulty accessing "relaxation at stated fixed intervals" on their own. As always I appreciate your discerning feedback. You are a huge asset to this site when you share your thoughts so clearly as you do. Thank you.
1 person likes this.
I love Bobbee. I've had the privilege of seeing her beautiful soul grace my Pilates studio (under new ownership). She has always exuded such light, and warmth. Now I understand why.
2 people like this.
A huge problem with athletes and dancers is to allow enough time to rest, eat properly and sleep well. Maybe this class will help!!
I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the meditation classes by Bobbee. Since it's in My Favorites, it is a gentle reminder to make meditation a part of my everyday routine. Whether or not it was intended as a part of Mr. Pilates' plan, we can all benefit from this. Thank you.
Thanks Bobbee - beautiful meditation and a restful way to end my practice.
Hi Bobbee, this is a beautiful meditation and so fullfilling. I plan on incorporating this into my routine with the other great meditations by you. Thanks! Love & light! Angie
Pilates is about awareness and control of the body (contrology). Awareness is cultivated in the mind. Meditation is awareness of body and mind. Pele, everything is connected and this is necessary to realize in life and in movement.

This was a wonderful guided meditation and am so glad you offer this on the site. Thank you.
that was a very beautiful meditation
1-10 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin