One Leg Circle<br>Amy Havens<br>Exercise 1427

One Leg Circle
Amy Havens
Exercise 1427

Watch this Exercise
What is the best way to prevent hip popping during this exercise?
1 person likes this.
Hi Lisa....I would approach this exercise knowing that a small range of motion is best, deep abdominal engagement to help hold pelvis still. The size of circle doesn't always matter most....it's stability and mobility without 'popping' that are important. Let us know how this goes!
Yes my hip clunks when I circle out, then it's very painful at night sleeping as I can't sleep on that side & sitting on that hip is also painful. I hoped Pilates would help but I found after a break of a week over Christmas I didn't have the pain in my hip when sitting or sleeping on that side. So just to confirm, I'll do as small a circle as I can before the clunk? What is happening to my hip? I'd appreciate any advise ... Thank you
Ange ~ I've had this problem before as well. It seemed to go away by itself, but I still wanted to know what was happening just in case it came back. I found that this tutorial by Shelly Power gave a very detailed explanation of what is happening in the hip when it pops. I hope it helps!
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much Gia
That was so informative, I will try everything advised.
Wow I'm so impressed with Pilatesanytime.... Best investment I've made in a long time!
1 person likes this.
Keep it up Ange....and thank you too Gia! We're in this together team...!!
1 person likes this.
Wow.... I've been doing everything Gia suggests & it's worked!
No more hip clunks.... It's all about the position!
1 person likes this.
Ange.....this is fantastic! And Gia...thank you again for sharing your experience with Ange also. :)
And of course a special Thank You to Shelly Power for giving us the tutorial..... ??
Exactly....Shelly Power...thank you! Many hips are smiling right now I'm sure! No more clunks and pops= happy hip joints!
1-10 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin