PMA Certification<br>Ray I. & Pilates A.<br>Discussion 1565

PMA Certification
Ray I. & Pilates A.
Discussion 1565

Watch this Discussion
I need to renew later this year so good for me to review this!
Gaynor ~ The Pilates Method Alliance does not offer certification testing online. Exams are only given at independent testing centers by computer, or as paper and pencil written exams. With exams taken by computer at the testing center, you get results immediately after taking the test, before leaving the center. I found out I passed the exam and was certified just minutes after I finished taking the exam.
Mine was taken at an independent testing center by computer, when I submitted my answers instead of receiving my results as I expected, there was a notification explaining there would be a delay in receiving the results. When I contacted the PMA and Castleworldwide they explained this is because its a new examination, almost a month later I am still waiting (along with 100 other test takers) and neither organisation can tell me how long the procedure will take. I understand why this happens but it would have been nice to know beforehand.
I understand that if you go to the PMA conference every other year, that would cover your continuing education requirements. However, what happens when it is held October in one year and not until November in a subsequent year? 2 years and 1 month have passed. Would you have to retake the PMA exam and recertify if you don't have 16 CECs by then?
Marisa P
Thank you for this info! I understand the test was revamped in 2013 and the passing rate dropped from about 93% to 81%, per PMA's website. I considered the exam I took with my instructors to be very anatomy intense, but after reviewing the PMA study guide, I'm nervous about the exam! Was it very as detailed in anatomy as the study guide? How much of the exam was anatomy based? I have a baby due in 2 months and would love to take the exam before that time, but worry I may not have enough time to study if it's very difficult. Thank you for any advice!
Marisa ~ When I took the test I was worried about the anatomy on the test as well, but I found that after reviewing I was able to pass the test. I used the PMA Study Guide and I read Return to Life. I hope this helps! Good luck on the test!

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin