Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Discussion 1660

Benjamin Degenhardt
Benjamin Degenhardt
Discussion 1660

Watch this Discussion
3 people like this.
Brilliant conversation! Thank you Kristi and Benjamin for this nourishment. Aloha.
Benjamin Degenhardt
Thank you Arlene - so glad you enjoyed our conversation!
Kirsty H
Super - context is everything and it's good to understand more of yours Benjamin.....
2 people like this.
Great discussion. I'm so grateful you are sharing this valuable and insightful information Benjamin and for Kristi for having this forum available. I have always said one of the things I feel is missing in pilates education is a thorough history of contrology/pilates. I have definitely learned a lot in my years of study with "stories" passed down or a general history. But I would love a pilates history book!
1 person likes this.
How refreshing to hear reference to the Simonson technique (especially with the recent studio closure) and what a small world - imagine Denishawn and Joe connected!! Great discussion, Benjamin I will be holding you to your words about those call numbers... NY public library is definitely on my list for my next NYC trip. Thank you for this discussion. Blessings.
Benjamin Degenhardt
Thank you! This is only the beginning of a long conversation to be had about the history of physical culture. As for Simonson technique... a rich history in its own right, and one I am equally as passionate about. Roxana, yes please check in when you are headed to NYC, happy to assist. The best way to get in touch with me is via benjamindegenhardt.com
1 person likes this.
wow,awesome conversation Benjamin and Kristi, I can't wait to learn more!
1 person likes this.
I, too, describe "Pilates" as a concept or lifestyle- I loved the discussion! Benjamin, I recently came across a PDF called The Swedish Drill Teacher. It's old but can't remember when. I noticed lots of Pilates-isms!
Michelle S
1 person likes this.
I loved listening to Benjamin especially as you say honestly that you aren't classical or contemporary but just a lover of movement with an affinity to Pilates. Can't wait to train with you in a London this May

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin